Where is the F13th news?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by marcx, Sep 20, 2003.

1. marcx

marcx New Member

Checking all over for the 19th announcement news--cant find ANYTHING ANYWHERE!

2. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

what news????

3. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

You know, I forgot all about it. I wonder what happened.

speanroc, I think Paramount was supposed to have something to announce about the proposed special edition F13th discs.

4. I have already checked multiple forums today with no luck.

I am getting the feeling that the news is not going to be nearly as great as I had expected. :(

5. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

isn't it suppose to be announced later tonight? if so, that's the reason for the lack of any announcements on forums yet.

6. I was certain that everything I had read said that the announcement was going to be September 19th.

I am just eager to hear the news. Since there does not seem to be anything yet, I certainly hope that you are right Rxfiend, and that the big announcement is tonight. :)

7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

actually, it already happened. just checked the friday the 13th forum, here's what a member wrote in:

Peter H. writes in, "I just got back from Maniafest in LA, where I saw a new 35mm print of Friday the 13th. It was said that there would be a special anouncement regarding the future of the franchise, and sure enough a rep from Paramount told the audience that a box-set is in the works for late next year. He was very vague about the details, but assured us that unrated versions of the eight films were a possibility. He then asked the very sparse audience if they were in possesion of any lost scenes to contact him. That should give you an idea of how far we have to go. Audio commentaries were also a possibility, depending on the availability of the talent.

Also of interest was Sean Cunningham speaking of a possible TV series revolving teens at Camp Crystal Lake. I gathered that it would be a pre-series set time frame, but he was short on details (as usual).

Later Joseph Zito took the stage and spoke about lost scenes for Friday 4. He assured us that they do exist, and it was possible to confirm a new negative.

That's about it. Hope this is of interest..."

8. Thanks much for the info Rxfiend! :)

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This sounds pretty vague. They haven't really confirmed that any of those things will DEFINITELY be in the set, they only kept saying "possibility" like they may not do it. I dunno... sounds a bit fishy, and of course, you know Paramount. :(

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Vague or not, this has certainly brightened my day. The fact that they are considering doing unrated versions is great news.

11. rhett

rhett Administrator

They've been saying that they'd consider uncut releases for ages. And news of a box set is old hat. You can count on Paramount for yet another beat around the bush disappointment. The fact that Martin Blythe hyped this announcement at the HTF makes it even worse. :fire:

12. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i agree with you MrGrim13

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

Martin didn't hype this news. The HTF forum hyped this news. Martin only briefly teased about it.

I think it's good news. I talked to Martin on the phone about this years ago. And yes, even then he said they were considering a box set. At least now it is definite. At least now we know it's going to have some SE features. Okay, nothing definitive, but it's all a good sign to me. Could we still be disappointed? Sure, but pretty much anything (SE wise) would be better than the current releases.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I will believe it when I see it. Of course, I really want to see it, but don't buy it. At all.

15. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

It's just all 'maybes' again, always the same, and of no use. I'm really waiting for an uncut 7, and a 3-D enhanced version of 3.

16. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i want an uncut part 2 a complete print of this would be dream come true:D

17. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

parramount resently lowered their dvd prices, thats cool. now if they release an uncut box set with good extras, then parramount will be cool in my book. oh well release an uncut version of my bloody valentine while your at it.

18. rhett

rhett Administrator

But what did Blythe expect to come out of this? He totally baited the fans...

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Hey if they want to release an UNCUT boxsets of both Friday the 13th AND Nightmare on Elm St. by the time Freddy VS Jason 2 comes out then I'm sooooooo up for it! Bring it on. :D

20. Dave

Dave Pimp

As far as I know, Martin simply stated there would be some news released at this convention or whatever it was. News was released. The news being the fact that a Friday box set is in the works. Sure, sites have reported this in the past, but since it's never received official confirmation, that previous news could only be considered a rumor. Now it's official - a box set is in the works.