Where is the F13th news?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by marcx, Sep 20, 2003.

1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I believe there is a Dutch print of Part 3 which is uncut with some extra gore, so I think we could reasonably expect uncut versions of at least Parts 1,3,4, and 7. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

2. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i've seen the dutch print of part 3 , it is the same as the u.s. version, i don't know why alot of people say it is complete.

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

From the front page :

Friday Box Set Posted by Rhett on Sunday, September 21 2003 6:06 PM
    Paramount, at a recent theatrical screening of the original slasher classic, Friday the 13th has revealed that they are planning a box set due for release sometime in 2004. Although the announcement was vague (to say the least) they did hint at the prospect of special features and uncut reissues. They asked people at the Q & A forum to help them locate any excised material.

It appears they have placed the ball in the hands of the fans. If anyone reading this has any worthwhile content that they could add to these discs, it is advised that you contact Paramount Home Video immediately.

It has been a long time coming, and it finally appears that Paramount is willing to get serious over giving the series some much deserved special treatment. Just how serious Paramount is willing to go, we shall soon find out...

4. marcx

marcx New Member

Martin did keep hinting about uncut on HTF, saying he was "dying" to prove us wrong about it, etc....

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Just curious, does anyone know if the new 35mm print of Part 1 that they screened Friday night was uncut?

6. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I want to know why paramount does not have the material themselves?leaving it up to fan's to locate material has it's up's and down's.This leaves the power for them to release cut and uncut meterial.I feel like they will post blame on the fans for not having what they should have.Anyway,Thats my thought.I guess when it finally does come out we will see.But i am sure one way or another that it will not live up to our expectations.

7. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

The fact is that they may not have the footage in question, remember DVD wasn't always around you know. The scenes could have just been thrown away.

8. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i think that they will release the first one complete(beause there are know uncut prints of the first), and the rest with be the R rated cut, and claim the footage no longer exists.

i do think they will have special features like photo galleries t.v. spots and stuff like that.

9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

if they did that, we'd know they were liars because the director of part 7 has an uncut version of the film. so for that film, it does exist.

10. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The most exciting thing out of this conference to me, although it too will probably come to nothing, is that they said that they are looking into releasing Friday the 13th the series on dvd. If they do that, the loud, happy scream you hear will be mine. :banana:

11. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I'm worried about Part VII being uncut. For a long time, it's been rumored that Kane Hodder and the film's director have the cut footage. In reality, what they have are VHS copies of the uncut workprint. Not something that can be added in to the film on DVD. So, unless Paramount still has the trimmed footage in their vaults, we may not get to see the uncut version, except as an VHS-quality extra on the disc. :(

However, the director of Part VI says he does have the footage for that film "somewhere". He's supposed to be looking around. We know an uncut print of 1 exists (the SE overseas). So at the very least, 1, 4, and 6 could be released uncut.

I also remember hearing about a special showing of Part VII uncut overseas, so maybe that footage does exist on a print somewhere afterall. Let's cross our fingers.

12. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Hey, Anchor Bay does it all the time!

13. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Right, if smaller companies like AB or Shriek Show can dig up uncut prints of films like Mountain of the Cannibal God and Buio Omega, then Paramount should be able to do the same for films that they've owned for two decades.

14. Karm

Karm Guest

Rumour has it that they'll be showing an uncut print of Friday pt 7 at Collectormania this year to coincide with Kane Hodder's appearence.