Where to find (on dvd) the most uncut version of Perdita Durango ?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Accion Mutante, Nov 8, 2001.

1. ..........

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2003
  2. I wouldnt say the A-Pix is heavily cut. The only thing that is missing is the Vera Cruz bit in the finale, and that was edited out probably because of rights issues.

3. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I have the German DVD (with the soundtrack cd) and it includes all the footage missing from the US release, and looks rather nice to boot. You can watch it in Spanish with English subs or in English (although it dips into Spanish a little bit occasionally). There are one or two bits during voodoo sequences where small unremovable German subtitles pop up onscreen, but it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to have the film gorgeous, uncut, and in English. Most of the supplements are in German text but there are a few trailers, a stills gallery, and of course the entire soundtrack. Recommended release.

And Black Mandarin, there's a bit more missing from the US release than the Vera Cruz footage. Did you not bother to read Brad's piece?

4. {And Black Mandarin, there's a bit more missing from the US release than the Vera Cruz footage. Did you not bother to read Brad's piece?}

Sorry, busy, skimmed the article, seemed to mainly talk about UK and Austrailian cuts. Re-read it, good to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2001
  5. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

Given your name, maybe you could answer a query of mine - where can you buy <i>Accion Mutante</i> on DVD?

6. ..........

7. yxz54

yxz54 Guest

Hey Bruce H

Just out of curiosity (ie maybe you can point me to some good local places to buy DVD's....) what part of MD you from. I live in Arnold right next to Annapolis.

Scott

8. bruce h

AM - yes, it's 16x9.
    VSoM's vcds are bootlegs, just like their tapes.
    Accion Mutante is having a problem with the legal rights to it's soundtrack, that's why there's a DVD hold-up.

yxz54 - I live quite a bit north of Annapolis, I'm actually only about 2 minutes from the Mason-Dixon line!

9. yxz54

yxz54 Guest

Mason-Dixon huh...........that makes you like almost a Canadian...

;)

Best Scott

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha, I went to Annapolis the other day with my school. NEVER go on a tour of the Senate building, 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. On the upside, we did get to throw stuff at seagulls, so in the end it's all good :D.

11. ..........

12. piggwinn

piggwinn Guest

The German double disc of "Ammores Perros" is cut also. I bought it on the understanding it was uncut, watched it and can assure you it is cut. I have been assured the Spanish disc is uncut but I await more details i.e. is it widescreen, extras etc before I upgrade.
    Awesome! movie though.

13. bruce h

AM - it's not a problem with different companies wanting it. the way i understand it is this - one company wants to buy the film for US distribution but the current rights owner in Spain doesn't own the copyrights of the songs used in the film outside of their country, so not only would the US licensor have to buy the film rights, but they'd have to go and strike deals with all of the soundtrack bands as well. I don't know how true all of this is, it's just something that i've heard, but it would make sense.

14. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

[​IMG] lfvw.com has this version for 29.99

15. ..........

16. Falchi

Falchi Guest

17. hassan chaup

hassan chaup Guest

Dammit!

Of course now I learn that the box set is supposedly cut. I just paid for this a few days ago with the understanding that it is uncut. AAARRGGH. And it arrives in a few days.:confused:

18. bruce h

like i said before - the German set is the longest version I've seen, and contains all the scenes that're noted as being trimmed out of the US copies. I'll be curious to see if the Spanish DVD contains anything new

19. ..........