Where To Get Ju-on From

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by suspiria, Mar 23, 2003.

1. suspiria

suspiria Guest

Hi guys.. I've been really hanging out to see the Japanese film "Ju-on" but have never been able to locate a DVD release of it. Heck, a VCD would do for now... Anyone here know of a place to get a hold of it?

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

No clue where to get it right now, but a R1 edition is on the way.

3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

4. suspiria

suspiria Guest

aint that the TV movie version? dont look like the Ju-on cover and version I'm familiar with... i'd also need it to include English (or Engrish :) subtitles...

5. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

The Japanese site lists them as made for video movie. They were never released in theaters or shown on TV. They were only released at your Japanese video store, just like the Guiena Pig series.

Juon was shown theatrically one time at Box Higashi Nakano on March 18, 2000, as a midnight show to commemorate the sale of Video Juon 2. They are both new releases on DVD in Japan and are selling very well.

There are no legal copies of the movie on DVD yet.

6. suspiria

suspiria Guest

how come they're not using the cool cover art with the kid then? i am pretty sure these are not the proper theatrical version.. i do know that Juon exists in a straight-to-video version and the proper theatrical (and obviously much better) release...

7. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

The pale faced kid you're speaking of is a promotional shot for the "full length" feature film which is not available yet on DVD yet.
    The official web site is located at http://www.cine-tre.com/ju-on/
    However, the site is in Japanese. The trailer is located in the top fourth blue box. March 8, 2003 was the official release date in Japan and the Week of May 10th is it's last scheduled run.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2003
  8. suspiria

suspiria Guest

yeh thats what i'm after :) i know its out on Japanese R2 but costs heaps and doesn't have English subtitles...

9. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

It's never to late to learn a new language.

10. suspiria

suspiria Guest

this is true but i'd prefer to learn Spanish before Japanese...

11. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

Nothing wrong with Spanish, but Japanese is a language that allows you to double your salary. If you're fluent. Plus, they have so many great movies that never make it the US. You can't go wrong. Besides, 3 languages are better then two.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2003
  12. robman795

robman795 Guest

I've been learning japenese for a little bit. Its funny after watching enough flicks just how much of the language you can learn. I want to learn to speak Korean some time soon. I find it to be a very interesting language.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2003