which burning dvd to get?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Paul0889, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i plan on getting one of thr burning dvd's soon but i'm not sure which one. which one had the best picture? thanx!

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ive ordered the UK R2 Vipco Uncut disc... although ive read in some reviews that its not really uncut... but other people have told me that it is.. so i dunno

3. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

i think vipco made two discs one of them being slightly more cut.

4. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

tawny has the same one ive ordered i think.. and she seems to think its uncut so i hope its good :) looking forward to this one

5. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Yeah it has to be uncut. I think that review was just trying to sell more dvds. Either that or they were referring to the "old" Vipco disc.
    :eek2:

6. wizzer

here. check this out.old burning link does anyone else notice the links seem to disappear more quickly these days?

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The best plan would be to wait until MGM's release arrives, as it'll look better and cost less than any of the current alternatives.

8. wizzer

when will that be?widescreen would be nice. i like mgm alot. got a link?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  9. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

watched the VIPCO uncut version of the burning last night.. i guess i can put up with the shitty vipco version for the moment till something better comes along..

the movie itself was awesome, might do a mini review a bit later..

the transfer on the other hand... its like they sourced the movie from 3 different formats.. it would just change dramatically from one scene to the next.. sometimes it had a really horrid red tinge.. othertimes there was obvious print damage.. and sometimes it was ok..

10. MGM better come out with an uncut Burning! And they didn't do an interview or commentary on the Scanners and The Brood DVDs either!

11. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I'll do one tomorrow. The last half of that movie was awesome :)

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Slayer DVD from Vipco has such a bad transfer on some scenes that it's difficult to tolerate. At points in the movie the right side of the screen has a bright thick white stripe. It does the exact same thing in two different PAL players. It doesn't happen through all of the movie, the picture quality goes to terrible quality that looks like it came from a VHS video source...and then the white stripe crap. And what is with their lame generic artwork?

13. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I'm banking on MGM to deliver the goods. Must admit, I'd settle for a barebones edition if the quality was high.

14. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

please tell me about The Slayer. It was a film i watched a few years ago with a mate before i got into horror.. we thought it was a heap of shit and laughed our asses off the whole time.. in fact we both claim its one of the worst films we've ever seen... but i can barely remember it now.. plus maybe with my new found taste in horror i might actually enjoy it?

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a pretty bad movie, that's for sure. There are some likeable moments to it though. The story is basically about a group of friends who go on vacation to a deserted island. Murders take place, storms, bad dreams, cheesy dialogue, tame shocker ending, etc...

16. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ok then thanks, maybe its a film i shouldnt bother revisting :)