Which Grindhouse entry is the best?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Apr 7, 2007.

?

Which GRINDHOUSE entry is the best?

Poll closed May 7, 2007.
  1. Rodriguez's PLANET TERROR

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Tarantino's DEATH PROOF

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. nekropimp

nekropimp Guest

I love them both equally...but for different reasons.
    But the one I couldn't stop thinking about...and still can't...is DEATH PROOF.

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Finally saw this one. Loved both movies but I so adored Death Proof! It wasn't what I was expecting at all but it turned out so much better. I had no problem with the dialog scenes, in fact they entertained me to no end, but I seriously found myself laughing and cheering all through the final chase scene. Damn that was cool!! I could see myself watching Death Proof a whole bunch more times.

Planet Terror was cool and Rose was her usual awesome (I knew there was I reason I love her), but it didn't click with me as much...except for the ending. ...and pretty much any scene with Rose in. Damn that ending was swell.

Why does QT think he can act?

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

After watching Planet Terror again last night, I decided that Death Proof is the better of the two. Planet Terror has some amazing scenes and the main credits sequence is still (to me) one of the best main credit sequences there is, but I'm finding that these days I enjoy the dialogue and story of Death Proof more. It's been said before, and now I have to agree: Death Proof has longevity, while Planet Terror is just a mindless, fun ride that loses steam after multiple viewings.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2007
  4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Doesn't happen very often but I just wanted to watch Planet Terror twice in a row, because it kicked all sorts of ass.
    After Tarantino put me to sleep with Death Blah Rodriguez showed me what Grindhouse is all about. Thank you Robert!

5. Drama Queen Die

Drama Queen Die Banned Mofo

I liked them both, but see myself watching Death Proof more often.

6. nullman

nullman Member

Planet Terror was really fun. Death Shit about put me to sleep. If I wanted to watch 4 bitches blab I'd tune to lifetime.