Which JEAN ROLLIN film should I get first???

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by McBride_01, Oct 15, 2002.

1. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

I wanted to buy one of his films this weekend and try it out and after searching and reading some stuff about them, I've narrowed it down to two I think would be good starting points.

Living Dead Girl
    Fascination

I'm leaning more towards Fascination at the moment. Which of the two would you recommend? Feel free to list your favorite Jean Rollin flicks as well, or make other recommendations. This will be my first Rollin film.

Thanks. :)

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, I own Living Dead Girl, and it's a hunk of crap. Just plain terrible......

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

LIVING DEAD GIRL rocks!

http://www.eurohorrordvds.com/livingreview.html

I'd start with GRAPES OF DEATH though, as it's a better disc overall (has one of the best interviews I've ever seen on a DVD), Bridgette Laihee (I still can't spell it right...oh well) is EXTREMELY hot, and the movie rocks. And it's under $20. And it's SYNAPSE. Can't go wrong :).

4. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

Would you be willing to part with that one??? It's fairly obvious you didn't enjoy it. :)

5. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

Oops... Sorry dwatts! I just realized from another post that you are in the UK. Sorry again! :eek:

6. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I liked <B>Fascination</B> better. I rented <B>The Living Dead Girl</B> and it's okay but not as good as <B>Fascination</B>. IMO.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Yup - just moved to Germany. Other than that - I'd be glad to ditch it. I have another one too - with a pirate in it. Forget the name, but it sucks too. Obviouly, Rollin is not for me.

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Here's another recommendation for "The Grapes of Death"!

9. Blade

Blade Guest

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Living Dead Girl and Grapes of Death. These are the only titles I have of Rollin. I find that both of them don't live up to their reputation. People often say that they think Grapes of Death is a good zombie movie, but it is actually quite boring. and the zombies are not remotely scary. Living Dead Girl is a little better, but not worth watching twice because nothing really happens in the movie.

Just my thoughts....

10. CrumpsBro

CrumpsBro Guest

I picked up REQUIEM FOR A VAMPIRE for cheap recently. My first Rollin film and I liked it. Supposedly, it's on of his most obtuse, but I just rolled with the sub-Fellini imagery and had a good time. Hot chicks, lesbianism, vampires...what's not to like?