Which site addition would you like to see most?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Dec 26, 2004.

?

Which site addition would you like to see most?

Poll closed Jan 25, 2005.
  1. More reviews

48 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. New reviewers

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. Website & Email hosting

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. More contests

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Automated trading system

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Horror articles

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. Subscriber benefits

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Music forum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Petition section

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. HorrorDVDs clothing

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

With every coming new year comes a new set of resolutions. Dave announced on the main page our intent to make some big changes to the forum this year to make it more interactive and enjoyable. So out of all the proposed ideas, which one strikes you as the best one?

2. Perhaps a venue where fans could discuss the theatrical experience of seeing a horror film vs. it's DVD release, not only for the extras on the latter but for the difference in impact of theatrical and home viewings.

3. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I want a better upcoming list dammit so I'm not voting. :mad:
    I do come here to get info on upcoming horror dvds afterall. I figured that would be a given but I guess not. :(

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I Think More Reviews

5. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Horror articles for me.

6. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

What drew me to HorrorDVDs initially were the excellent reviews. Keep `em coming and bring back the old reviews as well.

7. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Automated trading system

8. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Ye olde reviews:http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/all.shtml

9. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Oh and I voted more reviews....

10. Surnom

Surnom New Member

More review - I too came here at first for the excellent reviews!

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'd like to see a couple of those. More reviewers would be great (that way you'd get more reviews, and hopefully they'd have a different take). Also, some horror articles. I'd also like to see the same film reviewed by more than one person - to get a different view.

Horror articles should include in-depth information and views of films, outside of the review format.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I voted for more reviews, but what I meant was more timely reviews.

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Here is how I'd rank these from best to worst:

1. Music forum - I voted for this. A reviews, articles and forum section should be made also.
    2. More reviews - The site should always have new reviews for the most current releases.
    3. More contests - They're fun and help promote the site. Prizes should be more varied than just DVDs and the monetary values shouldn't be extremely high as so that more contests can be had.
    4. Horror articles - Additional news and personal perspectives on this subject is always a welcome addition to this site and a music articles section shouldn't be neglected.
    5. New reviewers - New blood and new opinions are welcome because reading one person's thoughts on a movie is just one look at what could be a better or worse media release.
    6. HorrorDVDs.com clothing - Something new to the site, a store of sorts could help bring in some money to the site where clothing and other collectibles could be offered for purchasing.
    7. Website/Email hosting - A nice touch for upstarts and small busineses.
    8. Petition section - Could be a nice feature but ultimately not a real worth while one.
    9. Automated trading system - To some this is a great feature but to me not as appealing. This will rank higher for others than for me.
    10. Subscriber benefits - This is the worst idea in my opinion. If the demand for this is high then yes it should be included but I don't like this idea.

Unlisted: An official HorrorDVDs web radio station would also be a nice touch where members can listen to the station as they read the reviews and forum posts. Music could include original soundtrack scores, movie bits, one liners, and band songs that were incorporated in movies. A direct link should be added to the top bar for this where the Aracde link is located.

I'd rate this at 6th, between New reviewers and HorrorDVDs clothing.

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

More reviews is what I picked. Most of the other stuff just seemed like needless fluff to me.

15. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I put More Reviews but there should definitely be some contests... like every month. :) :)

16. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I would also like to add that I would like to have the java chat working again. Some members would like to take part in chat but cannot because of this. They don't want to use mirc either so the java chat is easiest.

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'd hope that any new reviews don't just concentrate on new releases. There are so many DVD's that are out there already that are worthy. One of the problems with the reviews, to me, is that they are of new things coming out - but I can get reviews of them in a 100 different places.

Worst on that list, to me, was a music forum. I also skip those pages in Rue Morgue magazine :)

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Do you skip the game news bits in Rue Morgue too Dwatts? Seems very odd that a gaming feature would make it on a horror site like this BEFORE a music feature....just saying. It's looooong overdue.

19. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I agree with dwatt's first post. I voted for more reviewers but what i'd really like to see is more reviews and new reviewers to give a different perspective..

two of the things that drew me to this website intiailly were the great and extensive list of reviews (with a great layout) and the upcoming dvd list (although i can understand that keeping this updated is a *LOT* of work).. i also think that the reviewer's top 20 picks is also a good idea to draw in new people. People love being told what to watch/given ideas :)

20. zombee

zombee Guest

more reviews.