Whispering Corridors (1998)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by Il Corvo, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Hi,

was wondering if anyone saw this Korean film. Looks pretty good to me, but would like some thoughts on it before buying it.

Thanks guys. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2005
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've seen it on the rental shelf recently, but never took a chance at it. I'm wondering too, is it any good?

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Isn't this part of a "trilogy", where the middle film is Memento Mori?

4. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

It's nothing special. I believe it's being marketed as the film that started it all... it isn't.

5. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I think when they say "the one that started it all..." i believe they are referring to this movie being "one of the first hits of the late-90's Asian horror boom", not that it actually was the movie that all other movies copied from....of course they may have inferred that to sell more copies of the DVD. :)

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Got a chance to check out Whispering Corridors today, which was first released a few months after Ringu, so being one of the first films of the Asian horror explosion. It couldn’t have been influenced by to many of the others. I liked it, it had a nice dark moody atmosphere throughout and the acting was good. A bit confusing at times but I’m sure I'll tie all the pieces together after repeated viewing. There was also some nice imagery scattered around at different points of the film that I enjoyed. A Worthy addition to any Asian Horror Collection IMO. I need to check out Memento Mori soon, from what I hear is suppose to be even better.

7. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

yeah I watched this a week or so ago and rather enjoyed it. There were a few hard to understand parts, but I think I got most of it by the end of the film and there were some really nice scare scenes (mostly atmospheric scary) and the acting was good. I'll be watching this again in the near future and I'm very glad I bought it.

8. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Finally got a chance to see it. Thought it was ok. More drama, than horror really. Little bit too slow for me. Glad I saw it, good rental, nothing more.