why does Hell of the Living Dead have a bad rep?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Feb 7, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

so i finally bought this movie, even tho all the bad reviews and bad talk i heard about it, i went into this movie expecting it to be total garbage, but in the end i found this movie to be completely awesome with some nice gore. I liked the characters alot (except the one guy reporter). sooo my question is, why does this movie get such a bad rep from people?

Jeff

2. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I used to hate the film.But that was when the only version I had viewed was the creature features vhs under the "Night of the Living Zombies" title.The image and sound quality was absolutely horrible on that release.
    I just recently picked up the dvd at bestbuy out of curiosity since it was uncut and had a director's interview. After watching the film cleaned up and looking presentable I was actually impressed,I really dug the soundtrack even if it was ripped off.I'm not saying the film was one of my favorite italian zombie ventures but I will certainly be giving it more viewings in the future.

3. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

I have allways liked the movie and am one of the few Mattei fans in the world Hell of the Living dead may be a rip off but it rocks!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2002
  4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

One Hell of a Good Time.

It's a cheap, inept knock-off, but that's part of the charm. The crazy dude who fucks with the zombies was hilarious.

5. Trout

Trout Guest

Any movie with zombies that eat the living can't be half bad. I love the music but I want to know who did the title theme. It rocks!

6. crank

crank Guest

The music was done by Goblin, and stolen from Zombi, the euro-cut of Romero's Dawn of the Dead.

I personally found the film to be a jammin good time, but I think the Stock Footage is probably what kills most people. I mean, even though I liked the movie alot, I have to admit it got a little out of hand at times.

"See the elephants run, see the natives dance".

Crank

7. Trout

Trout Guest

Actually, the title theme wasn't a Goblin track, it was composed by someone else for the film, but no one knows who. Try here for more info.

8. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Re: One Hell of a Good Time.

haha that guy was the best. he was my favorite part of the movie.

9. Trout

Trout Guest

How about that chick who buys it in the end. That was one nasty way to go. It's right up their with the breast eating from Burial Ground.

10. DavidHess

DavidHess Guest

I used to hate this movie...

....but the new Anchor Bay dvd completely changes my entire opinion!

Ah, what a good video transfer can do to a movie. You can really tell that it was a very well-photographed film. Anchor Bay did an excellent job. This movie pays off.

11. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Re: Re: One Hell of a Good Time.

Crazy Dude (to the zombies): "Are you hungry? You want a little bite out of me? What kind of meat do you like? Drumstick or wing? Ahhh, a wing... Well, suck this!" (BANG)

12. This movie is garbage - but I love it!
    Any film where someone gets their eyeballs pushed out - from the inside, scores maximum points with me.

It rips off just about every cannibal / zombie movie to date, but you gotta love it.:D

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I went to Best Buy looking for The Church, Stagefright, HOTZ, and Rats, but I only saw this one. From what you all say it should be pretty entertaining, I guess I'll give it a spin tonight.

14. Trout

Trout Guest

It's a little long but it is pretty gory at times, but what else would you expect from a zombie movie (and people should relax, not every film will be as good as Dawn of the dead).

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha that was a pretty cool flick. I loved the part where the girl just goes "I know what I have to do" and takes off her shirt. Priceless!

According to the liner notes in the mini-booklet, the music was by Goblin and was "borrowed" from Dawn of the Dead, Buio Omega, and something else. The credits also credit the music to Goblin. Check out the insert for Night of the Zombies though, "Golbin" gets the recognition ;).

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

The other movie that the Goblin music was stolen from was Luigi Cozzi's Contamination. That one's pretty cool too. :)

17. contamination aka alien contamination?

i fucking love this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    when is it coming to dvd???????????????
    eeeeaaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

18. Ditto - Hopefully someone should release it soon It's a fucking classic!

19. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

YES THIS MOVIE ROCKS!! DVD??? SHRIEK SHOW!!!!???:)