Why kids and laser don't mix

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by Dave, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Dave

Dave Pimp

So I'm trying to find a movie for my son and I to watch last night. He's all pissy and bitchy because he wants to watch Resident Evil and I won't let him. Most of the other 'approved' movies that he is allowed to watch, he's not interested in watching. So I figure I'll pop in an LD like Species or something - just make him close his eyes during the nude scenes. Turn the player on and the drawer won't open. Now I know Paff is gonig to yell at me and tell me it's because I don't use my player enough. True, but it's easy enough to open it up and spread some lube loving around in there. Today I open it up and find two Spongebob DVDs inside. My younger son stuck them into the CD tray. Ouch. At my old place I just left the LD player unplgged and it worked out good - he never touched it after he realized he couldn't do anything to it. I guess I'll have to do that here, too.

Fortunately the player is working fine now that I've removed the discs. Time to spin 'er up!

2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Luckily,I have a daughter ;)

3. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I thought this topic was going to be about laser pointers, in which I would agree. At the same time I am not saying I don't enjoy lasering someones forehead and watching their friend freak hahaha...

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I think the funniest thing about this thread is that Species is more acceptable for a kid then Resident Evil once you take out the nudie bits.

5. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Probably right. R.E. isn't more violent than your average video game.
    This generation of kids sucks btw. When I was this small I tried to carve "new" music on some of some vinyls me dad bought me, with pens and knifes. True story, I mean it.

6. Dave

Dave Pimp

People munching on other people just isn't something I want him watching right now. Aliens eating other people is okay...

Anyway, watched Game DTS LD tonight. Such a good movie. It's a shame that A) the Criterion LD isn't on DVD, and B) the domestic DVD of The Game is not 16x9 (there is a Japanese one, but it's expensive).