Wild Zero DVD (Synapse)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by razorbackattack, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Any word if this will be shipping on the 28th as planned?

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Thats the date i have also.But who knows,I was looking forward to LEMORA this month.But looks like that will also be quite a wile off.BUMMER

4. Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer New Member

I think it's planned to release at that date indeed

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It now seems that this is set to be released on 11/4 according to DDD. I had pre-ordered it with the MONDO CANE COLLECTION but it got cancelled, was removed from their site, and was then added again with a 11/4 release date.

6. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

7. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    Anyone get this? I hear some people having problems playing it on their DVD players. I was wondering if it was just a selected few.

8. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I just bought today, it plays fine on my JVC & Sony DVD player. I assume the problem is with the drinking game (which really isn't all that cool) - Synapse has a warning on the back of the cover:

This disc was designed with many advance features and is in compliance with all applicable DVD specifications. Some DVD players may not have the ability to access all the features.

The transfer is shit, but I assume that was best they could find. Sadly, the audio is worst than the transfer. I was pretty letdown by Wild Zero, but will give it a couple more views before deciding to get rid of it

9. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I watched this last night, and I enjoyed it alot. Sure some of the FX are incredibly awful, but I really liked the movies style and feel. The characters were incredibly cool and I didn't mind the total insaneness of the flick at all.

It's very over the top, which I don't usually like, but it didn't bother me at all this time.

I do agree with Poorlogic on the A/V though, not good.

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I thought the A/V was fine for what it is, and I agree it was an enjoyable flick.

11. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

AndrewBBD, your right, the video and audio was fine considering the orgins of film - I guess I was just expecting a bit more since it was a Synapse release. What I didn't like about the film was the first 40 minutes, seems like every scene has 8 minutes to setup the action and nothing happens. Like I said before, I need to watch it a few more times to really form a solid judgement.

12. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The A/V is as good as it's ever going to get - the movie was edited and posted on tape, meaning there are no complete film elements to work from, just a finished master.

There's a fun band interview easter egg that can be found on the xtras menu, in case you guys haven't found it yet.

13. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    The movie was merely OK, and I have had a Hong Kong all-region copy for a year now, so I will stick with that. The quality is just fine. I never feel compelled to upgrade unless it is some incredible special edition or an amazing boost in quality, and this sounds like neither.

14. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I really disliked this film. The characters were lame, the gore was awful, and the tone of the film just didn't sit right at all with me. The first Asian film I've actively disliked so far, and I've seen a lot.

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Finally saw this tonight on someone's recommendation (I forget who but I am grateful to them) and really, really liked it. It was crazy and campy and over the top and wildly fun and just like I like 'em. I only wish the audio on the DVD had been a little better. I loved the music in this so much and wish I could have cranked it for all it was worth.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I really like the 50's vibe I got from it, the style of the zombies and all the lighting gave it a great comic book feel. I agree it needed more music, as a vechicle for Guitar Wolf it's somewhat lacking in that department. The movie needed to be wall to wall blaring music like their albums.

17. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

Too bad Bass Wolf died :( On a brighter note, I still love this movie.