Will Halloween be your Final Destination this weekend?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Aug 29, 2009.

?

Which film will you see this weekend?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2009.
  1. The Final Destination

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Halloween 2

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Both

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Neither

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Ever since Dimension bought the rights to the franchise, there hasn't been a Halloween film released in theatres in October. The closest they got was with The Curse of Michael Myers, which came out the last weekend in September.

The Curse of Michael Myers - September 29, 2005
    H20: 20 Years Later - August 5, 1998
    Resurrection - July 12, 2002
    Halloween (2007) - August 31, 2007

It doesn't make any sense until about 2004, when Saw started coming out annually. Like them or hate them, each Saw film still does gangbusters opening weekend. Most studios try to avoid releasing genre product the same weekend.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Shame on you!

That doesn't make sense to me and is what killed Trick r Treats' release. If you release it end of Sept., you still have almost a month to make money before Saw hits. Probably a better chance of making cash then releasing a movie titled Halloween in August! Is anyone besides me thinking about Halloween now!? That and they were stupid enough to face it off against a proven franchise that also happens to be in 3D which makes it that much more better.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Won't be able to get to them, but will see at least one of them on dvd.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Oh yeah, Saw. That month isn't big enough for the two of 'em? Odd that there hasn't been one released in October for quite a while.

5. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Saw both Halloween 2 and THE Final Destination within a space of two days,(helps to have a wife who looks as forward to these kinds of flicks as you do)...without dissecting each camera angle and rampant mis-step,(for example how Loomis' skull was mashed into paste in the last installment)I will say both held my undivided attention.

Anyone can pick a flick to pieces,(especially a RZ flick),but it takes a real guru of grue to mire through the muck for the sparkle at the bottom.:evil:The former offered up protracted, juicy kills for everyone from a backwoods bumpkin to a saucy African-American nurse ,an inexplicably- Rastafarian Laurie Strode,and one of the creepiest old-school-style film scores to hit my ears.We also see RZ copy n' paste his wife from an old White Zombie vid onto the screen,(raccoon eyes and all),to insure a pay check for her in the month of September.Nothing too pressingly-deep,mind you.Just scads of moon-lit chaos,as the doctor ordered.

Final Destination didn't mine too deeply into new plot twist territory either,which was fine.The super-cool credits sequence kicked things off with a 3-D bang,(ie the gory destruction of a pretty and not-so-pretty cast ).By now,everyone knows that "the accident" of the film revolves around a racecar track crash,(which even in the good ol' 3 dimensional wasn't so hot,when it comes down to it).Having the clairvoyant's(Bobby Campo,who does a nice job) friends actually believe him without ten "coincidental" eviscerations having to occur first was rather a welcome change.Most could adequately deliver a line,and portray emotion without flashing too many a capped tooth.Ultimately,I was slightly-underwhelmed by the shorter running time,and damned-if-ya-do sorta kills,but it was worth seeing,and will be added to the collection, come home release time.

Money well-spent for both,in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

My GF and I chose to see TFD on opening weekend. That's the kind of movie that should be seen w/ a large audience.

Saw Halloween II this weekend. We both enjoyed it a lot. Give it a chance, people!

Definitely yes. It just comes across as senseless whining now.