Will this Night of the Living Dead prop hook them in on eBay?

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

2. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

If your a big fan of the movie and have plenty of cash then bloody cool. What i`d love would be an original prop from The Evil Dead.

3. It might be legite & all, but $1500!?!?! I can get me one of those at Home Depot for a fraction of that.

4. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I could see $1500 for the bloody skull at the top of the stairs near the beginning of the movie, but I wouldn't even pay $25 for this "prop". It's far from being unique and can be way too easily faked to charge that much.

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Hm, not "reserve price".... but bidding starts at $1500..... forever the salesman :D

6. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Hmm, this "prop" is supposedly "worth" about 1% of the movie's total budget? Imagine what someone might get for, say, Johnnie and Barbara's car!!! You could probably shoot another remake for what that must be "worth"!!!

7. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I reckon, if original, it could be worth that - or will eventually become worth it. However, it's not a unique item in that it would be easily to fake it. That car would be worth something, no doubt.

8. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I'd pay $1500.00 for that goddamned fall that Judith O'Dea wore in the movie...That way, I could put it on, all ratty and mildewy by now I'm sure, and prance around pretending I was her, and then go on some kind of super-secret mission...You know, like buying yogurt at the grocery store and then go into a Judith coma because they don't have the right flavor....or possibly walk into a DMV and just sit on their furniture staring at other people and say things like "what's happening?", or "I'd like to leave...it's half past three"....That would be so cool.

9. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    This is the 2nd time this has been put up for auction. The first time the auction got up to the mid 200's (which is about what it is worth IMHO) but obviously did not reach the reserve price. I'm sorry but there were probably a dozen hooks used in the movie so there is almost no way to tell which one it is. $1500K would be a nice price for something more substantial, such as the crowbar Harry uses, or the Trowel Kyra uses.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

"Thought this was sold but buyer couldn't come up with the money within the allotted time so I'm relisting a final time with NO RESERVE"

Hmmmm, never was sold because reserve not met. highest bidder was $364.00
    = LYER

"Once the auction ends the winning bidder gets it at that price and then it's gone into someone's collection forever"

If thats not the winning statement for Captain Ovbious Award of the the Year I don't know what is.

"If you are a fan of NOTLD then this is the auction you've been waiting for"

Yeah thats what I've been searching all my life for, something to scratch my ass with.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

What in the... :nervous:

:lol: