Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Sep 19, 2004.

?

Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

1. Yes, without a doubt.

43 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Unsure, will wait for reviews.

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. No uncut, no sale.

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Much has been said about the upcoming Friday the 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan box set (review here), some praising the thought of new interview footage and commentaries, others balking at the absence of uncut prints. Others sit on the fence, happy with what is there, but regretful for what is not. Where do you stand? Will you be giving Paramount your money (again)?

2. dayglo

dayglo Member

I haven't quite decided yet, especially since it was recently said that they might revisit them again. That is if more materials end up being found, which I suspect they will.

Overall it's a good price for 8 movies and a bonus disc. Still thinking about it though, I guess I'll know on October 6th, or whenever the release date is.

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Zombie 3 had a poll on this a ways back:

Here's the poll results

Some time has passed since then, of course. As an update to that poll I'd say that the recent find of the box set on pre-order for $27 is tempting. Anything over that - no way. Price can always change ones mind, I suppose. Even $30 is too much to pay for this though.

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, it's been awhile though, so I figured there would be plenty of swayed opinions as the release date approaches. I also wanted to narrow it down a little more too, and just have something Friday related for the front page.

5. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i didn't get any of the original releases, so getting all 8 for under $30 was hard to pass up. Even though i'm definitely not happy with the way paramount put the set together, i'll get this one and pass on any future releases.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yes. I'ts gonna be the best set available for these films, and I've never seen the uncut versions (except the original, which I own on R3) so it isn't like it's missing any of the great moments that I remember. Had I bought all of the original singles, I might be a bit more apprehensive, but since I only own the R3 of Part 1, the Paramount single of Part 3, JGTH and Jason X, I don't really feel like it'd be a waste.

Great review, Rhett, just one minor mistake. It was Steve Christie who was trying to re-open the camp in the original, not Bill. Other than that, once again a great job. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  7. atann

atann Guest

I live in the UK. We get Friday the 13th uncut because if is disputed though Warner Brothers here, I won't be buying this box set it should be uncut! I will wait and see if Warner Brothers get the rights for all of them on region 2. Then we will finally see them as they should be seen.

8. Damed

Damed Guest

Yes. I've waited on purchasing the single discs for this. Uncut would have been the best, but you have to take what you can get. If this set sells really well, who knows - maybe we'll get SE's (Like Star Trek) of each film down the line.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

No way, Paramount really dropped the ball on this. :(

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i was going to buy it when i heard that all 8 movies were uncut but not now if the bonus features had all uncut footage from all 8 movies i would get it but no sale

11. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

I'm buying it for sure. Some decent sounding extras and all the flicks (of which I only own three now) slapped together in a box set which I can find for around $30 on-line sounds like a good purchase to me. Plus I own the R2 uncut version of the first one so I'm all set (it's really the only one of them I regard as a really good film, the others are pure nostalgia).

12. mkayers

mkayers Member

I've been putting off picking up the singles too just because it's easier to do it all in one shot so I will definitely be picking this up too.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I might buy parts 2-4 if they are going to be released separately (I already have the R2 of part 1 so I’ll only get it again if it is going to be releases separately in a too pack with part 2) the other films of the series just aren’t very good IMO. I really don’t see that big of a deal with part 1 being cut. I mean I compared my R2 uncut version the other day with my old VHS tape and the cuts were like a second of footage, if it was even that much. I had to keep rewinding the tape as I was having a hard time picking up the differences even on a side-by-side comparison. I finally did notice it but gees. Sure I prefer to have the 1-second of extra gore included in the uncut version, but people are really making too big of a deal out of this.

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm trying to prevent myself from buying this and any other Paramount title until the un-cut set surfaces.
    It's gonna be tough to pass by it at BB with that other disc though. Maybe if it's around $30 at BB I'll break, but I'm gonna try not too. It also will depend on if anywhere around here has the set or discs to rent. If they do, I will rent and dub (that's right Paramount lawyer bitches, come try and get me!)

No matter if I crack on this or not, my Paramount boycott remains in full effect.

15. Peoples Icon

Peoples Icon Guest

Hells Yeah! I'll be buying that the minute it hits Best Buy! I sold all my other Friday's on dvd so I can get the box set! Can't wait to get it! But this week I'll be buying the Star Wars trilogy!!!!!

16. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Yes, I'll be picking this up since I still haven't gotten around to getting the individual F13 DVDs yet... This price can't be beat. I still think Paramount are weasels though. Look at what they charge for their Star Trek boxsets.

17. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I already sold my originals on ebay in anticipation of this set. Bring it on. Limited features are better than no features, and frankly, I could use some shelf space.

18. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

No way in hell. I'm just going to grab some DVD-Rs. When paramount decides to quit shitting on their fans, then they'll get my money.

19. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i was not going to buy this since i was pissed at paramount for their lack of uncut versions. however, i was able to sell my bare bone dvds for a decent price, so now i will spring for the box.

20. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

No uncut, no sale. End of story! :fire: