Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Sep 19, 2004.

?

Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

1. Yes, without a doubt.

43 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Unsure, will wait for reviews.

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. No uncut, no sale.

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Me too. I sold them at the cost of the set, so I am good.

I meant not to buy the set, but then rhett convinced me to do so. The bastard! I am very happy they aren't double sided discs because I hate those, and the extras are too sweet for me to resist. I am still keeping the uncut Friday the 13th R2 though.

2. puddytay

puddytay Guest

keeping what I have and going to copy the bonus disc.

3. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'm getting it because I don't have any of them on DVD. It's not the best set, but it's decent.

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

If I can get it at a nice price,I'm in.I don't own any of the singles.The extras sound nice,too bad they didn't do audio comms. for all of them ,though.If the original audio tracks still existed,new 5.1 mixes would've been nice.

5. Arkiliknam

Arkiliknam Guest

I just want to shout out my anger at the big name companies. Argh! They are so damn good when it comes to making money!!! Its such a good idea, to release a box set like this now, and later down the track, maybe 5 years or so, release an uncut awesome version. Why? BEcause I am sure that we'll all want that one, even if we did own this one... just like the Alien set, Legacy was good, but they brought Quadrillogy out 5 years or so later, and most of the fans bought the new one! Well, thats the way the world goes round. Personally, I like to wait until the mega version comes out, and while I'm waiting pick up a cheap copy to keep me entertained. It might be wrong, but then again so is rereleasing plans like this.

-Arkiliknam :evil:

6. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

I'm willing to pay 62cad (39€ / $47) only for extras and nice looking box.

I own all the R1 singles (and unrated part 1) but if I'd sell the R1 singles, I could get only about 2 or 3€ a piece.

Every part has been on sale in Finland this summer. They were 4€ a piece including unrated R2.

So I'll keep the singles for the covers (and maybe for the picture quality if there really is some minor difference).

Of course it sucks that there's no unrated footage back in the films, and not all the unrated footage as extras but in my opinion this set isn't anyway more fucked up than New Line's Elm Street box.

Elm box also includes trimmed R-rated versions of parts 1 & 5 even when they always have been in unrated form in many countries. Part 5 has been released in U.S. as unrated VHS if I'm not mistaken. And Elm Street box doesn't have any unrated footage even as extras.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I've done some bitching about this set already. I fear there to be something better on the horizon for this series and would rather wait; but I bought all of the barebones discs first time around, sold them, and will only have to shell out around $15 for this (lame) upgrade.
    I love this series and will probably cave. I hate myself.

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'll be buying this set - it's got more than I expected. I just cannot warm up to that new "Friday" font. It would have been so charming had they stuck with the original fonts and artworks.
    Still - I'm looking forward to this. I'm keeping my single-discs of Parts 1 - 4 but may hand off Parts 5, 6 and 7 to someone else.

9. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm all over this set and think we're damn lucky to get it at all.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I guess as someone who owns the single issues of these, I have to ask myself, "would I buy a stand-alone "special features" disc?" I don't know if I necessarily would - it would depend a lot on presentation and price. Commentary? Who watches commentary more than once? - that's no swaying factor for me. I'm only interested in the SF disk, which I don't think is enough to make me double-dip.

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

What Dave said.

I have five of the Paramount releases already, but to me this is a must-own set despite the complaints.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

No doubt there will probably be a better box set released a couple years from now, but at this point I just don't really care.

13. Yes , to bad it's not uncut , that's the real disappointment here . Well anyway i have to have this , it will look nice right next to my Nightmare on Elm street set . Cannot wait to watch Jason slay all thoughs over sexed teeny boppers , i hope this set has very decient extra's .

14. fcalderon

fcalderon Guest

I hate the fact that they haven't released the uncut versions in the box set. But I'm buying it anyways 'cuz I only have the first movie (uncut) in R2.

Also it must be lots of fun to watch the guys in the interviews. :cool:

See you at the chat room,
    Franco

15. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

yes, I am in for this. I also sold all of my single discs a while back when I heard this was coming. Of course I was hoping for more uncut footage, but hopefully it will come along in the next few years if enough of us buy this, and i will shell out for that too because I love these movies. In a dream world Paramount will give up these movies to new line and we will see the set we deserve in a few more years!

16. Salty

Salty Guest

I really don't understand all the negativity toward this set. I would have loved a 3D transfer and some glasses for part three, but otherwise this set looks fantastic. I honestly could not care less about a few extra seconds of gore not being edited back into the film, especially when it is available as a supplement. AB would surely have done us better but this set is amazing for a Paramount release.

17. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

I won't buy this pack because I only like the Original AND Part 4, I don't need or want to pay for the rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2004
  18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

No uncut, no sale.

19. Lawrence

Lawrence Guest

Im definitlety buying it. I sold all my old UK VHS copies years ago and have been waiting for ages to get them in a DVD box set. Its a real shame they aren't uncut but at least UK buyers will get a bit of extra gore (if they didnt buy the later stand alone DVDs) as the previous VHS copies were cut even more by the BBFC. Over a minute was cut from Part 5 and the machete slide from Pt 4 was also cut. I also have the uncut Part 1 on DVD which suits me fine.

Guess i can just sell this box on Ebay if something better comes along in a few years!

20. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Well mine's been shipped - should be with me within the next 7 - 14 days. As I hadn't taken the plunge before on these movies on DVD, I decided it was time to give them a spin.