Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Sep 19, 2004.

?

Will you be buying the Friday the 13th box set?

1. Yes, without a doubt.

43 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Unsure, will wait for reviews.

16 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. No uncut, no sale.

34 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I'm a fan, but not that much of a fan. I have the original discs, and that's good enough for me.

2. Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon Guest

Pre-ordered with DeepdiscountDVD...

3. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

it's worth having the first eight movies in one collection. Although I am disappointed that none of the films are uncut, this box set is actually better than I originally anticipated. I have never bought any of the single discs because I wanted all of them at the same time. I can't pass this up, until they are released uncut, this is probably the best we'll get.

4. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

No, I think this is a half-assed set. I will probally just wait for the SE set's.

5. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

this is probably all we are gonna get , unless paramount sells the rights, so in essence this is the SE set

6. Morg

Morg Guest

No uncut, no sale!

7. drterror666

drterror666 Guest

Three words: No. Fucking. Sale! :fire:

8. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

My box arrived this morning. No regrets. Looks a good 'un!
    While I'm usually a real purist and will seek out a US DVD rather than a UK DVD for an extra second of footage (XXX, The Matrix, etc.), this is the best that's out there at the moment (excluding the uncut 1st disc) so I've taken the plunge and, if you don't have the films already, it's a decent package.

9. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Oh Hell Yeah, as I have yet to pick up any of these installments. In fact, The only Friday movie I had was Jason X and a friend of mine borrowed it out to another friend who later pawned it along with my Nightmare On Elm Street collection. At least I got a new Nightmare box set for christmas to replace it! Now I will have to get Jason Goes To Hell, Jason X (again), and Freddy Vs. Jason to complete my series'.

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Dude, you may want to re-evaluate who your friends are...j/k;)

11. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

I kept my pre-order and I don't regret it one single bit. Paramount put in a heck of a lot more effort in this release than I thought they ever would. I was epecting 5 minute extras for each film. Instead, they made an almost 2 hour documentary from part 1-8--and then some. I don't know if they're going to top themselves with the uncut editions but this is a heck of a deal for all 8 films together plus a ton of extras for a franchise Paramount is supposedly ashamed of.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i was disappointed with the Killer Extras disc. basically a bunch of talking heads with some movie clips thrown in. where's the behind the scenes stuff, even photos and what not. they could have easily gotten a lot of photos off websites (i'm sure the sites wouldn't have mind) and added them. The disc seems half assed, and i'm not surprised. I thought the featurette on the foreign F13th SE dvd is much better than what Paramount put together.

13. Fumi

Fumi Member

No. They're the exact same movies I've already got. Why would I buy them again?

Extras are nice. If they would have put them on the discs in the first place, I would have happily paid 50 cents extra for them. Too late now. I'm sure as hell not going to buy two sets of the same movies when I could spend the money on stuff I haven't got yet.

14. zombiexfan

zombiexfan Guest

personaly i like part 1-3 only.. how much is this box set going for?

15. what a crock!

You people buying this crap, if we never get a special edition uncut boxset, its your fault. For Chrissake, don't let them milk you. Actually, I've heard news of a great set coming out, one that movies of this calibur deserve. Ya know, uncut, tons of features, all kinds of stuff. I hope its more than just a rumor. Oh yeah, and by the way, I voted THE HILLS HAVE EYES as my favorite backwoods movie, what about you guys(not to say that I don't love TCM, the burning, etc., i do, but there is something about THE HILLS HAVE EYES that just gets to me, it freaks me out and makes me tense more than most movies, and thats why I like it, its HORROR.) PARAMOUNT SUCKS UNLESS I SEE AN UNCUT BOXSET!!!!!!!!

16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Quite the contrary, I would be more inclined to believe that if you buy this crap that it would show studios like Paramount that there indeed is an audience for this. And I'd be willing to bet no matter what, Paramount will not give you the uncut versions. "Nuff said."

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Strange though that the pirates are often able to do it - isn't it? I mean, think about it, Pirates live on the high-seas, in Long boats. They have a poor diet, one eye, and a parrot on their shoulder, and have to spend a large part of their day swashbuckling. Yet still, despite all that - they find time to splice together uncut versions of some movies, to burn them on DVD, and to sell them on Ebay.

You gotta applaud the tenacity of those buggers.

18. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

[​IMG]

19. dwatts

dwatts New Member

There's one! Scumbag :D

20. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: