Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 6, 2005.

?

Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, but I wish it wasn't dubbed and cut

32 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, I prefer the dubbing and cutting

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. No, I'll wait for the uncut R1 DVD

27 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. No, I have no interest in the film

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. No, I have already seen it/ own it on DVD

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Despite being released uncut and in its original French language on several overseas discs, HAUTE TENSION will be going theatrical next week in dubbed English and Rated R. About a minute of objectional material has been trimmed to get the R, but it still looks to be mighty violent. Will these changes influence whether or not you see the picture in theaters? Where do you stand?

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I will be seeing it in the theater Saturday morning. I don't have an all region player and I only know English so that helped me come to this decision.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

:hum:

I feel sorry for American audiences because of the alternate version they are forced to watch in Theaters. I rather watch it untouched on DVD, thanks :)

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

you mean French

5. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

I've seen the uncut and subtitled version probably more times than is healthy now, but I already have my ticket for this Friday. :)

6. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Really needed an "already seen it" option. But hey, I think I'm going to see it even though I've seen it something like 5 or 6 times. I DID see it once in a theatre last year at the MD Film Fest (uncut and subbed, of course), but it was packed with horror fans. I'd like to see it with a general audience who are used to the Hollywood horror they've been seeing over the past couple years. I'm expecting slacked jaws :evil:

7. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Oh yeah, even with the cuts (and I've seen where a few are already), I still think this would be too intense for the mainstream crowds.

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I want to see it in theaters just to see how it plays, but I am not sure if I actually will. I mean, I have a great DVD of the movie I watch a lot because this movie rocks, and then there is the whole problem with Mr. & Mrs. Smith opening on the 10th. I really want to see that too, and it kind of wins out over Haute Tension in that I haven't seen it before.

And I voted for "Yes, I prefer the dubbing and cutting" just because it was the funniest choice and "I dunno" wasn't an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2005
  9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Nope. I have no reason to go see a cut version when I have a perfectly fine DVD of the film in its true form here at home. Haute Tension is my most watched DVD in a long time, but I never care to see High Tension.

10. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yep, I'll see it in theatres. I've purposely not bought the uncut/subbed DVD so that when I see it in theatres, it'll be brand new and I won't be disappointed by the cuts and dubs. Well, dubs are always a little disappointing but I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

11. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I will be seeing this in theatres and it will be the first time i see this movie. I am going in with high hopes after the talk in the forums so i hope it doesnt suck.

12. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Yep. I wasn't going to go to it just because of Lion's Gate lying about their the release, but over the last month or so I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I will inevetibly go see it. Especially since there's been crap in theatres lately for horror, but that's about to change at least for the summer months.

13. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

You need the option "I already own the Uncut DVD and will not support Lions Gate." :D
    At any rate, i'll just stay at home and watch the real deal rather than some redubbed / cut version.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Can't vote, because there's no option for "I already have the DVD since the US is late in getting this one".

Good flick.

15. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I have the uncut version on dvd, and there is no way in a million years i'm going to pay good money to see a watered down version of this period.

If lions gate do not have the balls to release this the way it was suppose to be seen (as it has been in many other areas), then fuck them!

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

My bad...I guess you can tell that I haven't seen it yet! :D

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I said Yes, but I wish it wasn't dubbed and cut. The truth is I might or might not. Its not a high priority right now.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Still though, the lead actress is C├ęcile De France , I mean come on :D

Yes I know she was born in Belgium

19. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i haven't seen it yet, so i'll definitely see it in theaters. I'm not too thrilled about the dubbing though...

20. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'll see it this Friday, then I plan on picking up one of the uncut discs. I'm sure they'll be at Horrorfind.