Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 6, 2005.

?

Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, but I wish it wasn't dubbed and cut

32 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, I prefer the dubbing and cutting

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. No, I'll wait for the uncut R1 DVD

27 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. No, I have no interest in the film

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. No, I have already seen it/ own it on DVD

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Good idea Grim I didn't even think about that.

2. I was down to see this in theatres despite being 2 years old or whatever...'til I read about the minor cuts to get an 'R' (strike one) and the DUBBING (strike 2...and f*ck that STRIKE 3!)

I ordered a copy off of ebay with english subtitles for about $9

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

It looks like this won't be playing in my area, so unless I can find a theater somewhere close to my area that is playing it, I dunno if I'll be able to see it. :(

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Ryan this is probably a dumb question but how do you know what cities it will be playing in? You have me worried now that it won't be playing near me.

5. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

This is what I will be watching in a few days:

DVD FEATURES
    #Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen (2.35:1) Version
    # French 5.1 and Stereo Audio
    # Forced English Subtitles
    # Audio commentary by director Alexandre Aja and actress Cecile De France (exclusive to this UK release!)
    # 'Making Of' documentary
    # Interviews with members of the cast and crew
    # Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Artist Giannetto de Rossi
    # Trailers

:banana: :evil: :banana:

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well I rarely go outside of my town to see movies at a theater, and I checked the website of the theater that I usually go to and they are not playing it. There are not many theaters in my town. :(

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

It is getting a fairly wide release at 1,500 or so theaters, which is about the same amount of theaters that is playing CRASH. So if CRASH is anywhere near you, you should be okay.

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Well both of the movie theaters we like going to are showing Crash right now so that's good I guess. The websites they are on show that there is no information for June 10th showings yet though.

9. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I'm going to the latest showing on Friday night. It's gonna be great. I could care less if a minute was cut off for the R rating. This was I can actually see it (I'm only 14). Me and a bunch of friends decided on a day and time weeks ago. I don't know whether or not I prefer the dubbing or not because i havnt heard it yet. The commercial where he says "I'm gonna kill you!" sounds pretty great. I had a chance to buy the uncut version this past saturday in my local mall but I only had $15 on me :/
    Anyway this flick is going to be awesome, and it will scare my friends shitless simply because none of them are horror freaks like me and half of them are girls.

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Theres a slim chance I'll see it in theaters, but more than likely I wont. I've already got the awesome R2 edition, which is fully uncut and subbed. I really don't need to see a hybrid-dubbed cut version for $9.00.

11. Franco

Franco Weekender

No, 'cuz I already watched it on DVD and in uncut status !

And I'm not even sure whether it'll be shown here or not. Anyways, this is one of the best slashers I've seen in a long time along with Wrong Turn and probably ... House Of Wax which I going to watch tomorrow.

12. I'll go see it. A minute cut to get an R-rating is really no big deal. As long as it's released uncut on dvd.

13. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I don't care whether Lion's Gate releases this uncut on dvd or not (although they should), I don't think I'll be getting it from them. I'll just go with a foreign release. I suppose I'll probaly wait to see how the Lion's Gate dvd is, godddammit I'm such a whore for this company. They're worse than Troma! Oh well, at least some of Lion's Gate's movies are worth enduring.

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Well Lions Gate doesn't seem to like to release uncut dvds, so it would not surprise me at all if they release it as R.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

have the uncut dvd, so I probaly won't see it in the theater. Plus friends have no interest in seeing it.

16. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I pretty much see all horror movies in the theatre by myself. My friends aren't into horror that much, and I like to go Friday afternoon when everyone else is working. Yep, I'm that geek, sitting in the theatre by himself. :)

17. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Go here, put on some relaxing music and enter your zip code.

18. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

WTF! It says it's not showing here in Fargo. That's fuct up shit. Hell, we even got Bubba Ho-Tep, Donnie Darko (dc), and A Very Long Engagement. Well it shows our small theatre that usually carries those as not listed, guess I'll have to keep an eye on the paper to see if they pick it up.

19. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Well, I am assuming that you checked the correct date? If so, then check back on Thursday. The listings are updated as the theaters send in the updates, so while some theaters already have their Friday lineups in, others don't.

20. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Nope. I own the uncut dvd, and I definately wont support the censored, dubbed version.