Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 6, 2005.

?

Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, but I wish it wasn't dubbed and cut

32 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, I prefer the dubbing and cutting

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. No, I'll wait for the uncut R1 DVD

27 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. No, I have no interest in the film

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. No, I have already seen it/ own it on DVD

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Lions Gate should have released it subbed and uncut. If their editing only brought 1.75; untouched, it could have at least brought that in, if not more (i know i would have made an effort to watch it on the big screen if it was in it's original form).

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  2. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

It was just a really bad time to release this movie. American audiences generally won't like this movie in the first place. The average moviegoer doesn't like dubbing or subtitles, nor do they like confusing endings. The movie just isn't marketable in America, I must say. Its kinda sad really. If there is a twist in a movie they want it spoonfed to them like SAW. I don't really see The Devil's Rejects making all that much either, but compared to this it will make a truckload of money. LG promises to give it the widest release of all of their movies to date.

About the plot holes in High Tension(highlight)-I thought when the police saw her kill the clerk it was a plot hole only because it was through their perspective and not Marie's.

3. Well according to some
    the whole movie is just Marie's version of what happened, the car chase couldn't have happened cause it was only her blah blah blah....yet when she's in the institution at the end, she has the injuries from the car wreck.
    that's not a plot hole though.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Again I’m still not sure what's so confusing if you just think outside the box a little bit ..

The only one knows what exactly happened that night was Marie and in the state she was in. I'm not sure she even knows. So she could have sustained those injuries any number of ways including self inflicted.

This is why I have grown to love the ending and why I find it quite original. the movie can make as little sense or as much sense as your willing to invest in it.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

By the way, the whole scene at the beginning..
    She wakes up the car and tell her friend that that was a dream she just had. It actually wasn't reality in advance at that point. I guess she was psychic too :rolleyes: :p

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

This scene was a mix of her recalling her dream to the investigators/Doctors along with director presenting some foreshadowing for the viewer watching the film.

7. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

:lol:

dude, you should field the questions for the director at his Q and A sessions

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yeah sometimes i feel I've analyzed the twist more than I should give the director credit for:)

9. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I thought she told her friend about the dream, no? In the car ride at the beginning.

10. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yes but this is all still in the context of her telling the story of what happened that night to the investigators..

11. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

But they caught her on surveillance.. :hum:

12. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

There are moments in the film (moreso as it reaches the conclusion) where the narrative switches to reveals (like the police reviewing the surveillance tape, Marie's hand dropping the bullets out the window, and Marie killing Alex's family)

13. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I saw this the other day and i was wondering if

She didn't even know alex i.e. the dream she tells her about at the beginning never happened. they didnt go to school together she just picked this house. that is why she had the van and why we see the van at the beginning with the killer getting head from the head. so the forshadowing and psychic stuff was all part of her story, maybe. I can't remember if alex ever calls her marie after the twist is revealed, so she may have never met alex until she is woken up and bound.

someone may have said this already. and do i make any sense?

14. Agent Z

Good observation! :) I've had the same theory going through my head also. I think it's ultimately up to the viewer. I tend to think about them actually being friends beforehand, but you could make great cases for either scenario.

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

^

I actually never thought that was the case. At least to me it doesn't seem to be Aja's intentions. While she's obviously psychotic, I think Marie's love is too strong for her not to have been friends with Alex. I also don't think Alex would be coming to the mental hospital if she didn't know her. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Also, I don't think its at all a stretch that she got that truck from somewhere on the farm. It was said that they had just bought it recently. Who knows what was still lying around.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2005
  16. Agent Z

That is why I tend to lean more towards them being friends beforehand, as it tends to hit a more emotional nerve and makes it all that much more effective.

17. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

But reading that
    they might not have been friends ever
    really does help cover up the so-called plot holes. Goddammit, every couple hours I think more and more about this.

18. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'm going to go see it at its first matinee in hopes that there won't be anyone else in the theater--Any talkative teens or infants and I'm out to the box office for a full refund.
    Now I'll finally get to see what's behind all of these blue boxes!!!! :)

19. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Umm, the first matinee was probably last Friday unless Atlanta became a inbreed shit-town. But by all means, if you haven't seen it, do so.

20. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

:lol: Yeah, that sums it up for me.

I just meant the first matinee of the day--I figured a weekday would be better.
    Sorry. I assumed everyone would assume.