Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 6, 2005.

?

Will you see High Tension in theaters?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, but I wish it wasn't dubbed and cut

32 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, I prefer the dubbing and cutting

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. No, I'll wait for the uncut R1 DVD

27 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. No, I have no interest in the film

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. No, I have already seen it/ own it on DVD

28 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Well I finally got to see this thanks to the unrated dvd and I loved the hell out of it as did my wife.
    This is one of the best movies to come out in years (next to Devil's Rejects that is).
    The atmosphere was great, the gore even better, what is not to love? I also don't know why some people had a problem with the ending I thought it was pretty damn good myself. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I agree with you, actually. When I saw it, I liked it, but thought the implausible ending definitely brought it down a couple of notches. However, upon thinking about it, the ending really isn't all that strange especially when you consider

this is her version of the story, told basically from her perspective, and she was obviously lying.

That is certainly something I hadn't thought of after I viewed High Tension and it enhanced my appreciation of the film.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yea I know what you mean Ryan. It had been out for so long though and I saw so many spoilers that I already kinda knew going in what the ending was probably going to be so I guess I had time to think about it more than when you first saw it.
    Well either that or I'm just a hell of a lot better than you. ;)

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I knew the ending ahead of time as well, but it still infuriated me when I watched the movie. :lol:

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Ok then I guess it's settled...I am a hell of a lot better. :D

7. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

damn, if i'd known the ending before watching this film it would have 100% ruined the movie for me and i'd have hated it.. it would have removed all of the "high tension"

8. Luna

Luna Guest

All I can say about it is that I am SO glad I steered clear of all these threads before seeing the movie. I would have been so screwed, even with spoiler tags.

9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I guess I should have clarified that I didn't read marked spoilers but instead people were dropping clues and unmarked spoilers that I tried not to read but it was kind of hard when they went unmarked. I probably should have steered clear of these threads but ah well. I didn't positively know the ending but from the clues hinted at it was pretty easy to guess. It didn't ruin it for me at all though and I enjoyed it greatly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Glad to see you loved this film so much, Dan. I've been curious about what you'd think ever since you posted about your bad theater experience. I'm especially glad that you saw the beauty in the twist, while so many others are blind to it. ;)

11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yea like I mentioned before it still sometimes astounds me how damn good I am. :)

12. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

The title of this thread makes no sense now, but who the hell would want to post in that High Tension DVD thread, that thread is for losers, while this thread is for cool people who live in third world countries who can finally vote in this poll.

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

It can't be only for cool people KR~, you posted in it didn't you? ;)

14. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

You may have won this time.. but blah blah blah...

15. betterdan

betterdan Guest