Wolf Creek

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, May 23, 2005.

1. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Is that a new category? What other films are a member of that club? and what films would fall into the nihilism-for-grownups category?

2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Friday the 13th remake, now that's a "nihilism-for-13yo" contender. This one? Not a single jump scare.

3. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Picked up it, have only watched it once, but enjoyed it quite a bit the first time around. I have a feeling I'll enjoy it just as much on its second viewing though, and I agree withe veryone who said it's a very well shot film.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

That's probably because there's no way the makers of Wolf Creek didn't have the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in mind when they made the movie.

The first half was quite good, but the buildup didn't pay off. I wasn't shocked at all. I wasn't scared at all. I got a little excited and thrilled for the chase but very quickly, the movie just flaunted exactly what was going to happen and the predictability became beyond frustrating. It started pissing me off. None of the death scenes were satisfying or sad- they were all obvious and inevitable, the filmmakers looked at the victims like they were flies, the disappearing / conspiracy (whatever) / type info-laden ending was bullshit, the hunted-hunter dynamic was unoriginal, the "based on a true story" thing was unimpressive. The greatest moment of tension was when the car/jeep wouldn't start- before they even met the killer. And by then, you just knew it would become a "torture" movie somehow.

But hey, the first part was a good short film. It would have been much more haunting to end it before they met the killer and you'd be wondering what happened to them for the rest of your life.