Wolfman VS Godzilla - Mythological Film Found!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by X-human, Nov 12, 2014.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'm rather surprised I never learned of this until now, especially considering how this has unraveled over the past few years (here around Chicago no less). There's a long lost Godzilla film entitled Legendary Beast Wolfman vs. Godzilla, made by employees of Toho between Terror of Mechagodzilla (1974) and Godzilla 1985. This is an independent fan films but by no measure amateur. Man of the props and techniques are by the same people at Toho. Much more can be read about it here: http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2013/06/03/in-search-of-monsters-wolfman-vs-godzilla/

There's a Kickstarter for a documentary, Kaiju Gaiden, which will include segments on Legendary Beast Wolfman along with sequels to Attack of the Mushroom People and Atragon. There's less than 24 left on it however.

I'm thinking about kicking in for the Blu-ray. It's a bit much, and I'm wary of the quality, but this is something nearly impossible to pass up.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So is the actual film going to see the light of day or just this doco? The film itself actually looks pretty cool judging by those pictures.

3. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Thanks for the info; that's a pretty fascinating story. There are only 90 minutes left and I'm not sure if I'm gonna kick in or not. $55 for the Blu ray as compared to $25 for the DVD?! That's quite a mark-up. Kind of sours me to the whole campaign.