Women Behind Bars

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by horrorlover, Sep 16, 2007.

1. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

I just ordered this Jess Franco movie that was put out by Blue Underground Women Behind Bars. I was wondering if anyone has seen it already, and how it compares with other women in prison films? I noticed this one wasn't produced by Erwin Dietrich, Franco went on a WIP fiesta for him, he must have made at least 5 for him. Anyhow just thought I'd see what those of you that have seen this movie thought of it, and how is the blue underground dvd, good picture, etc.?

2. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I haven't seen that title but I recently (well, few months ago) saw Bare Behind Bars and Amazon Jail. I actually enjoyed Bare Behind Bars but was left a little bored with Amazon Jail. I've always wanted to get into this genre but I don't know what sorts of films to start with.

3. horrorlover

horrorlover Member

One that I can recommend to you if you want to get started with WIP films is Barbed Wire Dolls. It stars Lina Romay, and parts of it are so cheesy, it's good late night viewing.

4. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I'll check that out, thanks horrorlover.

5. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

WOMEN BEHIND BARS is a decent Franco WIP flick. looks nice, but kinda forgettable. plenty of nudity, and a little light torture, nothing to really offend. that said, not the worst of its kind. im a franco DVD completist, so i need this disc in my collection. if you're just a casual fan, you should just rent it.

6. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

Has anybody seen Women in Fury? stars Suzanne Carvalho aka Massacre in Dinosaur Valley. This has lot of nudity, towel whippings, and some hot lesbian activity. Holds up to repeat viewings too.

7. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

I agree, Women In Fury is great WIP exploitation. I'll have to give that a spin again since I haven't watched it in a couple of years.

8. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I've been wanting to pick up Blue Underground's release of Women Behind Bars. Does this movie recycle footage from Franco's Barbed Wire Dolls? Xploited has two different Women Behind Bars dvds on their website both directed by Jess Franco.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/women-behind-bars-p-2411.html

Is this the same movie just released last month by Blue Underground? I already own Barbed Wire Dolls (Region 2 dvd) and don't want to pick up the Blue Underground dvd if it's simply Barbed Wire Dolls with some new footage added.