Women's Prison Massacre (aka Blade Violent) r1 disc

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Atmims

Atmims Guest

...plus Lorraine de Selle. So there is not uncut DVD?

I still need to check this out.

btw, you do know your avatar is degrading as hell, don't you Ryan?

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

:) No worries, I figured that was what you meant. I wasn't very clear in my explanation to begin with! :eek1:

I think there is a Vipco DVD out in the UK that does have the uncut version.

3. Vipco dvd uncut

Hey :D

Yeah, i have heard that Vipco (incredible enough) has a Uncut-release of this..

Its out under the title:

:fire: "Emanuelle In Prison"

4. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I picked this up because it was cheap, period. You know what, it's cut, it looks awful, and it takes dumb and extends it way out into the stratosphere, but dammit, I had a blast watching. Most things have been said here, such as deaths that don't happen (but do), frame skipping, and some of the worse dubbing I've ever seen... but it simply served to allow me to turn the brain off and get entertained.

This one is fun through and through. I was actually laughing out loud, which not many "comedies" can do these days. Easily worth the money I paid for it.

5. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Very grainy picture, and a bad WIP film, but is still a fun watch when your in the mood and the cheap price makes it accomodating that you cannot lament putting down the bucks even if you only watch it once or twice. It is unfortunate that they diced the film up, near the end of the movie I had to rewind back to see what happened to the warden, since she seemed to disappear from the movie. I am certain that the cut footage would have spelled out much better than the DVD. The cover art is great as well. This is a movie that I can see coming and going off the shelves of Best Buy, and its better to plunk down the 10 spot and not regret getting it once the store stop stocking it. The corny lines in the movie are awesome, and after reading the linear notes, could not wait to get home and watch it.

6. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I haven't been able to find a copy of this around here yet.Shouldn't every DVD store stock a classic title like this?It sucks that it's cut but I think my old Lightning VHS was cut too so I probably won't notice the difference.

7. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I'll probably give in and get this soon. Every time I see it on the shelf it screams out, "Pick this up, you cheap jerk, it'll be right up your alley!" but it really does sound cut all to hell.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Best Buy doesn't have nearly as much Eurohorror and cult as it used to? Maybe it's a cyclical thing, with so many things going out of print and rights being such a transient thing (or maybe I've picked up all the good stuff, hehe), but hopefully not because the chain itself hasn't gotten more conservative.

8. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

I think it is the case that they put in a token order when the titles are offered but they neglect to reorder them when they sell out, opting to order 600 more copies of "Gothika special edition" and another 200 copies of "The Notebook." that is the problem with mass marketers is that they ignore the many eclectic titles to overstock on the latest general release.

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--its out under the title "Emanuelle In Prison"--

Alright, I've had it checked, and this is NOT the same film.

10. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Not that I doubt you Dwatts, but I've also found 2 Emanuelle in Prison discs that claim to be Women's Prison Massacre.

X-Rated Kult disc

and

Vipco disc

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Doubt away. I spoke to a guy in the UK who claimed to own both films from Vipco, and that they're different. Now I'm all confused again. Good work! :D

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Violence In A Women's Prison was released several years back on Region 1 DVD by Media Blasters. I'm pretty sure it was the film that came right before Women's Prison Massacre, and that WPM is the semi-sequel made right after it was. I saw it on VHS years ago under the alternate title Caged Women, and really don't remember too much about it except that it was fun and had Laura Gemser.

I saw the DVD at a store recently for $15 which doesn't seem too bad, since it's still $25 retail. I think I'd easily rather have that version (anamorphic) than the Vipco one.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

The first link has pictures from Women's Prison Massacre on the back of the box, so that's probably it. It also claims to be uncut.