Women's Prison Massacre UNCUT

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DeathDealer, Apr 30, 2006.

1. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

How is this film?

Some call it Brueno Mattei's best work. Is this a true statement?

Is it a cool violent action prison flick?

Sound tempting, and how is the DVD, BTW?

A/V quality.

THanks Alot.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

There are other threads about this film. You could have done a search.

Women's Prison Massacre is great. Just make sure you get the uncut disc, because the previous DVD was cut to hell.

Picture quality is average... looks fairly good for a 70's Italian exploitation flick, but the print is rather scratched up. Sound is serviceable.

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I picked up a used copy of the first cut, unaware it was cut! What a scam! And before you guys call me on this, it's a scam because in the linear notes it talks about all the scenes that made the film controversial, and then you play the film, and they're missing. It makes it looks like it's an uncut version. I wasn't aware of this film or anything about it. I bought it since it was a Mattei film and Laura Gemser is in it. Everything on the case and in the linear notes makes it sound like it's uncut. On top of that, there are no chapters, so you can't skip through the disc. This movie's a piece of shit. I'm sure that the uncut version added a lot more to make this film palatable, but it still isn't a great film!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Well, releasing the cut version definitely sucked, but I did get the uncut DVD of WPM from them eventually. So that was cool right? Ehh, next I bought The Devil's Plaything from the same DVD company, and the damned thing was a butchered version again...with an insert coupon inside the case regarding how to send off and get the uncut version. Same thing with this release, it mentions the uncut version in details right in the booklet!!! So, you have to chop off the UPC, mail out $3, and wait to get the uncut version. What the hell is the point of this crap? I could understand it once...but twice?!? Luckily I only paid $5 for it new...but still.

5. Shannafey

You can send in the UPC from the cut version of Women's Prison Massacre and get an uncut version? I'd gladly do that! The version I have isn't worth a damn! Tell me more about this. I didn't see the offer. As I said, it sounded like it was uncut, based on the fact that it states that it is from a recently found print and it goes into detail in the linear notes describing the cut scenes. I only paid $5 for it, or I'd be sending the company a letter bomb! :D Seriously though, I'm really sick of this!! That's why I rent and rip DVDs more than I buy them, unless I find cheap used copies. I'm sick of the game!

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

DefJeff e-mailed Shock-o-Rama a while back and they sent this:

From RETRO-SHOCK-O-RAMA
    re: WOMENS PRISON MASSACRE DVD Upgrade

Greetings to fans who purchased the mpaa R Rated DVD of WOMENS PRISON MASSACRE and DID NOT get an insert card to upgrade your DVD to UNCUT Version.

We are sorry that some of our discs shipped without their upgrade card.

Please follow these steps to replace it w/ the UNCUT.

Please send your store receipt, UPC from your R-Rated disc, along with $3.00 to cover shipping/handling with your name and address to:

Alternative Cinema, Inc
    attn: WPM Upgrade
    PO Box 152
    Butler NJ 07405

Please make checks or MOs payable to Alternative Cinema.

This is the thread where that was posted. And here is an even better thread on the film itself.

Does anyone else think that they do this deliberately to get you to upgrade? I mean, if they supposedly included upgrade cards in this and The Devil's Bloody Playthings, they obviously knew that the discs were cut before they released them. But maybe releasing the R-rated versions wasn't a mistake... maybe they did it on purpose? If it was an honest mistake, you'd think they would correct it before releasing the discs.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2006
  7. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

You'd also think that if it was a mistake that perhaps they would allow you to trade up by sending the "R" rated DVD for a swap out since I'm sure that some people who purchased the version without the insert no longer have thier reciept.

8. Noto

Noto Guest

9. Shannafey

I got the uncut version in the mail for a UPC code and $3 shipping!! Those guys are great to have done that! The new disc is better in that, unlike the old disc, it has chapters!! To be honest, I don't know what was added. I haven't watched the cut one in a while, but I scanned some of the scenes, that I thought might be cut and really didn't notice the difference. Does anyone have a list of what was added?

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Basically every violent or sexy scene was chopped out of the R-rated cut. I remember being very confused while watching the cut version because they totally cut out
    Lorraine De Selle's death scene. She just seems to disappear!