woo my Justine and Eugiene DVDs shipped today!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Nov 1, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

from dvdempire!

im acutally returning the Justine DVD as i heard its totally boring, i lost interest...

but im really excited to see Eugiene, the disc looks really nice and the movie sounds like its gonna be great fun

I should mention, this is the first time i used dvdempire and im really impressed with their service, i used them because i saw the banner on this site acutally.. id definitally go ahead and recommend them to any of you guys.

2. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I thought JUSTINE was a lot of fun, and the DVD looks GORGEOUS. I'm in the middle of a review, it should be posted on Mondo Digital sometime next week (along with EUGENIE).

3. DefJeff

awesome, your reviews are always cool

maybe ill hold off on sending it back until i read it

4. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Bruce, this is off-topic...but what movie is the pic under your name from? :) Looks creepy. Would like to track it down.

5. DefJeff

its Last House on Dead End St

its definitally worth getting, as the dvd and movie is really good

6. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Thanks! I'll check it out!

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Yes. LHODES rocks. Fucking awesome DVD too.

8. crank

crank Guest

Don't send it back. Justine is great. A little long, and not as evil as I thought it would be, but Bruce is right, the print is fantastic. And the interview with Jess is worth the price of the disc alone. To here him start swearing in French when talking about the censors, just classic.

crank

9. DefJeff

heh, im gonna take cranks and bruce's word for it and watch the flick..........

10. DefJeff

alright well i finally got around to watching Justine tonight.. its not nearly as bad as almost everybody makes it out to be

its a little long, but thats not really a problem

the only thing that turned me off on it is the old time setting, which i am not really a huge fan of

but over all its a nice disc and transfer and definitally worth seeing at least one time

even with the good things i said about it, i will probly put mine up for trade soon, so if anyone is looking to see it, you can grab mine

11. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

You don't need Rambo: First Blood 2, or maybe Matilda do you??? I hate them both but they came free with my DVD player...

Hell, it was worth a shot! :p :)

12. *bump*

Anybody else have thoughts on these films? I haven't decided if they are worth a purchase yet. Still need some convincing. I watched both trailers on the BU website and they looked quite good.

Thoughts?

13. DefJeff

well i know you asked for 'some other thoughts'.. but i just thought i would mention that both of these flicks really grew on me over time.. even tho i liked Eugenie to begin with... i would reccomend both ... the transfers are great and both flicks are worth owning and seeing. im glad i didnt put my Justine up for trade, because if i did, i would probly have bought it again :nervous:

14. Both discs are very nice, Blue Underground did a great job. Unfortunately both films are so dull, like most of Franco's product. I watched them once and then sold them. I am looking forward to the 2 Fu Manchu DVDs the films of which I did enjoy.