Worst 2005 Remake

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 18, 2005.

?

What was the worst horror remake of 2005?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2005.
  1. The Amityville Horror

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Dark Water

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. The Fog

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  4. House of Wax

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

It's been a year for a lot of remakes, with horror in particular, so which one was your least favorite?

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Only one on that list I've seen is Dark Water, and it wasn't half bad. The origonal was better, but overall I liked it. I'm willing to bet with all the negativity that The Fog is a shoe-in. I'm not desperate enough to try to see it though.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I voted for The Amityville Horror... talk about crap. I rather liked House of Wax, though. I haven't seen either Dark Water or The Fog, but from reading all the negative comments on this board, I bet The Fog is even worse than The Amityville Horror.

I came across a rather long review that perfectly details exactly why Amityville 2005 sucks so much ass. You can read it here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2005
  4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I voted Amityville. Sure, its the only one I've seen, but it was horrible enough that I don't feel bad voting for it without having seen the others. At least Dark Water and House of Wax have Jennifer and Elisha, so those factors alone will make them more enjoyable to me. I will not be seeing The Fog remake. Ever.

5. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

The Fog by far. House of Wax, Amityville Horror, and Dark Water, as much as I despise remakes, were good actually. It all comes down to entertainment and scares. Those three delivered in some ways. The Fog delivered none of the above.

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I've only seen Amityville (AKA Shit Pile of a Remake) and House of Wax. I was quite surprised that House of Wax wasn't complete poop and was somewhat enjoyable so that leaves me to vote for Amityville.
    I won't be seeing The Fog either.

7. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Amityville gets my vote. It's a very silly remake that makes the original a classic. I have no desire to see The Fog. The only remake that might be interesting is the one for The Hills Have Eyes.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I haven't seen any of them, and it sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones. I'll Netflix them just to see how bad they are...but they'll be at the bottom of my list.

9. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It's funny that THE AMITYVILLE HORROR is holding it's own against THE FOG, but only because those people who're voting for AMITYVILLE flat out refuse to see THE FOG. Using logic, then THE FOG HAS to be inherently worse than AMITYVILLE because for some reason more people are willing to watch AMITYVILLE but not THE FOG.

10. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Only saw DARK WATER, and didn't like it, so that's my pick.

I'll probably rent AMITYVILLE pretty soon, but will probably only watch THE FOG if it's on cable in a couple of month....I've heard HOUSE OF WAX is actually not bad, so I'll probably rent that one too when it comes out.

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I've only seen two of them, but I think House of Was was worse than The Amityville Horror but not by much.

12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am going to see The Fog on Thursday so I will hold off until then. I will say that I am very dubious about it being worse than House of Wax, which is one of a handful of slasher movies in existence that couldnt even get me, the slasher fan who likes everything, on its team. I guess I will know on Thursday though.

And I thought Amityville was a pretty good movie due in part to a standout performance by Ryan Reynolds, and that Dark Water was one of the more underrated "horror" films of the year due in part to a great performance by Jennifer Connelly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Only seen Amittyville and House. Don't wanna see the other two at all. House of Wax was good. Amittyiville was aiight.

14. Noto

Noto Guest

So far I have only seen Amityville, and I kinda dug it. I didn't really like the original though. I will be watching House of Wax soon, and I will see Dark Water when it comes out. Again though, I didn't jump for joy over the original Dark Water.

I'm not looking forward to The Fog at all.

In all fairness to the accuracy of this poll I choose not to express my American right to vote.

15. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I have not seen The Fog (nor do I intend to), I am sure it sucks. But I really, really hated The Amityville Horror.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I haven't seen The Fog remake and don't plan to. The Amityville Horror remake was pretty damned crappy. The House of Wax remake was somewhat enjoyable.

17. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Amityville was lame, House Of Wax was pretty good, haven't seen Dark Water. I thought The Fog was pretty good, but Tom Welling needed to be in it more, in my opinion.

18. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I'd vote for other, The Ring Two! That movie fuckin' blew.

I haven't seen House Of Wax or The Fog remakes however.

19. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I've only seen House of Wax and Amityville, I enjoyed HoW and Amityville was pretty bad but Ryan Reynolds and a free ticket saved it from sucking completely. Dark Water I assume that I'll enjoy when I see it. That leaves The Fog...I won't vote because I haven't seen it, but I'm pretty sure that will be my choice.

20. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006