Worst Euro Horror Film You Have Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by RyanPC, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

hell ya - you're insane. GLASS DOLLS was awesome.

Jeff - the weird DELIRIUM is kind of annoying, I watched it again the other day, and it's not too good (not the worst though). Bava's is just blah...the chick is very hot but the movie is bad. The eyeball chick is cool though.

And I don't know what some of you are talking about, ZOMBIE 4 kicks all kinds of ass.

2. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Glass Dolls is ok, Fright Night is AWESOME:evil:

I just didn't like it for some reason. I thought it was going to be a Giallo but it really wasn't. i just found it kinda dull. I will give it another spin tho to see if my opinion has changed.

I actually finished watching my copy of Zombie 4 last weekend and i though i was ok. I haven't see Zombie 3 yet so i can't compare but it was somehwhat enjoyable. I don't think i liked it as much as you but i'm glad its in my collection.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

ZOMBIE 4 was a lot of fun for me, but I seem to be the only one who really liked it. 3 was eh to me, but who knows...

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I have to say that Zombi 3 was a hell of a lot better than Zombie 4 in my opinion. I just liked the story more and since Lucio Fulci directed most of it I just liked it much better. Zombie 4, in my opinion, could of been better if it were done in the hands of a master like Fulci... Claudio Fragrasso is much better when he is not behind the camera, like when he is writing screenplays. I'm not saying I hate Zombie 4, don't get me wrong, I like it somewhat, I just felt the story wasn't done it's justice... and those zombies are just plain annoying! :cry: lol

:lol:

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well, then again, Zombi 3 could have been better also, lol!

I'm glad both of them are in my collection, though.

6. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I love Zombie 4, great fun. I did a review for those interested as to why I enjoy the film as much as I do.

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

J knows what's up.

8. Inverted

Inverted Guest

Three words... Lust For Frankenstein.

9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Only in a horror forum could anyone read something like that!

10. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Worst?

The Invisible Dead (top choice)

Also-

A Virgin Among the Living Dead
    Phantom of the Opera (Argento)
    Aenigma, Demonia, Manhattan Baby
    The Icebox Murders
    Demon Witch Child
    Crimson
    Exorcism
    Vengeance of the Zombies
    House of Psychotic Women
    Revenge of the Dead
    Frozen Terror

...I dunno, man, there is A LOT of god-awful euro-horror films.

11. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Heh, yeah Wizard rocks! They released few, VERY few legitimately "good" films. Dreamaniac was mildly fun - had a couple of nice gore bits. Was by the same guy (David DeCoteau) who did the cheese masterpiece Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama. I agree w/ you on Headless Eyes - a mindnumbing film -- stays in my collection, though for the box alone.

Wizard went out of biz in '87 - one would assume because they went bankrupt? Lord knows we all caught onto their little scheme.

12. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Yeah, plus Wizard's box art (although cool) were sometimes false advertisement. Example: Monster Hunter; the box made the impression it was an all out zombie flick, when we all know the zombie count was (barely) one.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

What was their little scheme?

And what about Vestron?

14. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Seductive, attractive artwork for really crummy films. And like Nicky pointed out - very misleading, too!

As for Vestron - nothing lasts forever. They ran their course and during so gave us more than a handful of classics - ranging from the Hollywood mainstream (Dirty Dancing) to obscure european exploitation (Night of the Zombies).

15. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

And that's not all. Before I sold my copy I fondly remember reading the back description which said the film would have a witch in it. :rolleyes:

16. What's up with some of you folks!!
    Zeder/Revenge Of The Dead is cool. Pupi Avati's awesome! Fuck - he co-penned Profondo Rosso! Check out House With Laughing Windows.
    Short Night is wicked too!

Worst in my opinion (tonight), has to be Rats - but it was so shit that it really was enjoyable! The six foot tall rat at the end is a killer!

17. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Wasn't the cover for Tormentor (Dance Steps on a Razor's Edge) not even from the movie (I think it was for a Jess Franco flick, don't know which one?)

18. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Cast my vote for Zombie Lake...

Hey guys, nobody mentioned Manhattan Baby! That's definitely one of Fulci's worst, at the very least.

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, they did that a lot. On their copy of Zombie Lake, one of the pics on the back was not even from the movie! (I think it was from Oasis of the Zombies)!

20. Atmims

Atmims Guest

What's up with Hell of the Living Dead? Some people say they love it and others would list it as worst Euro Horror movie? I myself though it was entertaining as hell or at least the AnchorBay DVD was, I have no idea what cut to shreds version of this movie you poor bastards have seen.

Worst Euro horror movie? :nervous: I can't think of any so I must of have blocked the REALLY bads out of my memory. All I can think of right now is Oasis of the Zombies which was boring as fuck!