Worst Halloween Sequel

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 31, 2012.

?

What's the worst Halloween film?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2012.
  1. Halloween (1978)

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Halloween II

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. Halloween III: Season of the Witch

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Halloween: Resurrection

45 vote(s)
    38.1%
  9. Rob Zombie's Halloween

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  10. Rob Zombie's Halloween II

20 vote(s)
    16.9%
  11. Gave up when Laurie/Loomis/Jamie left

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  12. Never was a fan of trick'r treating

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. They're all treats

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

...or Leatherface a transvestite.

2. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

That's one of the few things that worked in TCM:TNG. Wasn't out of place at all. Especially considering where the idea for Leatherface came from originally.

3. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Zombieween, easily.

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Haw can a remake be considered a sequel...it´s two words meaning the complete opposite.

5. Stige

Stige Active Member

part 8 by a mile.......

would have voted the remake ( I have some sick fascination for the remakes sequel, it handled themes in an interesting manner proceed with the comments on how stupid I am)

But Buster whatever ruined part 8, a fist fight with Michael , REALLY??, without him it might have been awful instead on an abomination

6. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

Yeah, but he looked rediculous.

7. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

The Zombie films are what killed it for me. Michael with long hair and a beard, wearing a hoodie, walking around half the film without the mask on, and shouting "Die!"

8. BBQ

BBQ New Member

Somebody voted for part 1? I voted for Rob Zombie's H2. I almost voted for Resurrection, because it is awful and pointless, and Michael getting beat up by Busta Rhymes is so horribly, embarrassingly wrong. But I have to give that movie credit for the opening 15 minutes or so with Jamie Lee Curtis, which I thought was tense and very well-done, even if that whole sequence's purpose was just to reverse the ending of the last movie. And at least Michael Myers is still himself in that movie and not a stinky, bearded, no-mask-wearing white-trash hobo.

I almost think there should be separate options for the two versions of H6. I think the Producer's Cut is effective and creepy, but it ruins the story. The theatrical version is just weak. But I think Zombie's movies are the worst, especially H2 because he throws away everything that made the original story work and basically makes another Devil's Rejects movie.

9. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Like an idiot, I lept into voting for a Sequel without seeing the Zombie films were listed. No question: Rob Zombie's films. He's a great musician, bad director.

However, I voted for Curse. As much as Halloween 4 never did much for me, the characters didn't infuriate me. Curse? Oh... for many years, this movie made me angrier than any other. (Thank you Saw and Trick 'R Treat for softening me on this one.) There's almost no way on Earth Resurrection (which I haven't seen) could possibly be worse. I hear the arguments about how it doesn't feel like a Halloween movie, and I raise you this film's... everything. Thank Christ I haven't seen the Producer's Cut (just Cinemassacre's review of it).

10. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

My only explaination is that person thought they were voting for the remake.

11. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I would have said Resurrection years ago, but H2 is an abomination!

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

H2. Zombie's vulgar redneck dialog, his wife and a white horse in it for no god damn reason, possibly the most annoying and obnoxious lead ever, no Halloween theme, Loomis is an out of character prick, and Michael Myers is just being a bearded hobo barely even wearing the mask. I wish the opening
    wasn't just a dream and killed off Laurie
    so we could at least follow a character we didn't completely despise.

Resurrection is bad but at least it keeps the theme song and Myers look and feels like a Halloween film.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I can agree that Zombie's H2 is pretty terrible, but I couldn't vote for it because I firmly believe it was Zombie's full intention to 'ruin it' so to say... From what I've pieced together, and this could just be my own home-grown conspiracy theory, is that he agreed to direct the sequel even though he'd stated he never wanted to do a sequel after he made the first film (I know I've read these statements somewhere, or seen video of him stating this before H2 was even in the works, I just can't remember where...) and only wanted it as a one-off. And so under studio pressure I'm assuming he was forced to either direct the sequel or they'd get someone else to direct it, and so I speculate he chose to intentionally tank it to end the new franchise from continuing as those were never his intentions from making the first re-imagining. So in my opinion Zombie did a job well done on H2 if those were his intentions, but again those are just my own rumours. On a plus note though, H2's cinematography is absolutely gorgeous.

14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

there ARE some brief yet strong redeeming qualities in H2. I recall the scene where Brad Dourif discovers Danielle Harris's body being incredibly strong. Great acting, great cinematography, and great score.

this is the other thing I liked about H2. The opening chase in the hospital and the guard shed is possibly the best Halloween-related material that Rob Zombie has created. Perhaps if he'd released the opening segment as a "short" rather than continuing on with the rest of H2, we'd all be singing his praises right now?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  15. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I agree, those two scenes are both pretty effective, but a great Halloween film it is not. I am not a Zombie hater and think he is a talented Director (Though horrible horrible writer!) but in my opinion he butchered the Halloween films. The origin ruined everything Myers represents, the lack of the famous score, turing Loomis into a prick, making Laurie an annoying character that you want to die instead of root for, Myers as a hobo, ect. He should have just created his own character and it might have been a little easy to accept what he did to the franchise. I think it might have worked well as a character that switches masks or something.

16. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

But don't you see? The RZ remakes have the most terrible characters ever, and it has a background with this child growing up in a terrible home, yet he is still nonredeemable. Doesn't matter how many shitty people come his way, he's pure evil with no redeeming factors.

Not saying it's a good film at all. But it does have a strong point to make.

17. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I never could get myself to see the Zombie films,so I can't rate them.Of the original batch I LOATHED 5,I saw it in the theater and just cringed through the whole thing.I dislike the sixth film as well but I find it a slightly more intriguing mess that PT. 5.I know Pt. 5 has it's fans though,only speaking for myself.

18. Fumi

Fumi Member

Resurrection was the worst one I've seen. The SyFy Channel has made quite a few movies that were better than that. Pretty much everything from 5 onwards was awful though. I haven't seen the Rob Zombie ones and I have no plans to.

19. Rft183

Rft183 Member

I think you are pretty much spot on. Starting with 5, the series really went downhill. I hate to admit I kind of enjoyed H20 though. I really despised the first Rob Zombie one, but the second was not too bad. It kind of surprised me after the first one sucked so bad!

20. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Zombie's a Halloween II is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen and by that it's the movie I have enjoyed the least in my life. No exaggeration there.

I'd take a Halloween 666 and Halloween Resurrection over that shit.