Worst Horror of 2005?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jan 16, 2006.

?

What was the worst horror film of 2005?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2006.
  1. Alone in the Dark

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Boogeyman

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Chaos

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Cry_Wolf

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Cursed

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. The Fog

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  7. Hide and Seek

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. The Ring Two

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. White Noise

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolf Creek

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  11. The Amityville Horror

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. The Devil's Rejects

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

There have been many singing praises to 2005 as one of the best years in horror in some time. This may be the case, but there were also a large amount of stinkers too. From Uwe Boll to remakes to reimagings, there was a number of stuff to be embarassed about on the horror front. Which was the worst?

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The Ring Two, with The Fog close behind.

3. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i went with alone in the dark (sorry onebyone). I haven't seen the ring two, the fog, hide and seek, chaos, or cry_wolf. and now that i don't get free rentals anymore, i probably won't see any of them for a while. I actually enjoyed White Noise.

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

The only three on that list I have seen are Alone in the Dark,Boogeyman and Ring 2 and they are three of the worst I have ever seen.

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Other: The Amityville Horror. Runner-up: Boogeyman.

Of the ones I've seen, Cry_Wolf is the only quality film on that list.

6. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I thought Wolf Creek was great. I've seen five films on that list and I think White Noise was the worst of them.

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Chaos, hands down. This film started as a remake of the classic Last house on the Left, but when they lost the rights, they renamed it Chaos and then claimed to have been based on the director's original idea. To make matters worst he promoted his film like a wrestling match and threated to beat up fans that brought up the fact it was a cheap and crappy rip off of Last house on the Left. The film was so bad that the entire cast denounced the film before it was released and refused to promote it.

Average Rating from critics was 1.7 out of 10 and the movie bombed making a pathetic $206,789 total gross in 32.3 weeks.

9. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Other: The Amityville Horror was the biggest disappointment of the year, so I call it the worst. Cry Wolf was shit as well.

10. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Indeed.

I voted for The Boogeyman...after this and the 1980 film, I've learned to never watch a film with "Boogeyman" in the title again :nervous:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Amityville Horror for the win errr loser I guess.

12. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Agreed. Chaos was utter shit. I was actually offended by how much of a rip-off it was after DeFalco bragged about how it was origonal and "the most brutal fim ever made". What an utter POS.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

The Amityville Horror. :nervous:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Alone in the Dark, terrible beyond belief.

15. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I can't pick just one.....I really can't.

16. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

I would have to go with Ring Blew. Err... Ring Two. I thought Amityville was pretty good, but that may also be because I saw it as the second half of a drive-in double feature, after Ring Two. :) The Fog was also quite horrendous.

betterdan eats farts.

17. Noto

Noto Guest

There are a few that I haven't seen yet. But I had the priviledge of seeing The Ring Two three fucking times. Why? Because I am a sadist, that's why.

18. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I know most people will disagree with me on this one, but I went with "Other - The Devil's Rejects." I hated House of 1000 Corpses and although this was a different movie, it was equally atrocious. The movie didn't offend me with its content, but it was just a poorly written and directed piece of garbage. The dialogue sounded like 12 year olds who just learned how to swear but don't quite know how to make it sound natural, so they just add f*ck or some variation in front of every word. I know just about everyone on this forum drooled over this movie but I just wanted to slit my own wrists and get it over with. Zombie was a decent musician but he needs to leave filmmaking to the professionals.

19. sacateca

sacateca Guest

Would love to vote for the Fog but i've not seen any of the other entries so i guess that would be a tad unfair. Unfortunately all the rest just seem too irrelevant that i'd ever have an elegant opportunity to watch them. And i refuse to go "out of my way" to see such movies.

PS: On the other hand there's the option "Other" and i could agree with the poster before me who didn't like the Devil's Rejects, though i did think it was insultingly manipulative to the audience, in addition to being generally badly written and directed without heads or tails to the whole movie.
    But then, in that case i could also go with the Descent for which i would offer just about the same criticism as to tDR...so still, as it is, i'll refrain from voting for now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  20. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i would list the writing and directing (along with the cast) as the reasons that make the devil's rejects the best horror film of the year. but that's just me.