Worst Horror of 2005?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jan 16, 2006.

?

What was the worst horror film of 2005?

Poll closed Feb 15, 2006.
  1. Alone in the Dark

24 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Boogeyman

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Chaos

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Cry_Wolf

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Cursed

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. The Fog

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  7. Hide and Seek

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. The Ring Two

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. White Noise

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolf Creek

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  11. The Amityville Horror

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. The Devil's Rejects

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

If The Devil's Rejects and The Descent are the worst two 2005 horror films you have seen, you really lucked out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2006
  2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I loved The Fog. Chaos I have never seen yet

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Your right they should have portrayed those hillbilly, uneducated scumbages as being a bit more articulate. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  4. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Holy crap - am I only allowed to pick one?!?!?

Third place goes to Cursed. Horrible film in so many ways, but really, someone should have stopped them having a werewolf give us the finger. Bad bad bad. It's not worse than my number two pick really, but I hate it a little more because it poops on the werewolf genre, which deserves better.

Second place goes to Boogeyman. This one just has no reason to exist. Not scary, not fun, and not good.

First place though: Hide and Seek. This goes one step further and insults my intelligence for good measure. Whoever wrote this needs to go back to kindegarden. The plotting was HORRIBLE. Just as bad though - DeNiro is in it! The once great man will slum it in just about anything these days for the cash - adding his name to the marquee no matter the trash. I just hated this film.

ps: I've not yet seen: Chaos, Cry Wolf, The Fog, and Wolf Creek.

pps: Alone in the Dark rocked :)

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

I have added both THE AMITYVILLE HORROR and THE DEVIL'S REJECTS to the poll in light of everybody's votes, and have changed the scores to reflect all the people who had voted for them earlier. Pretty interesting to note that CRY_WOLF has the least number of votes. It seems to be the one to tread the mid-ground the best.

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Thanks Rhett. Amityville definately deserved a spot up there. Peeew what a stinker.

7. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Haven't seen them all but I have seen Amityville, White Noise, Alone In The Dark, Boogeyman, Cursed and Devil's Rejects.

I loved Alone In The Dark.

Devil's Rejects didn't really blow me away and even bored me a bit in the middle, but I certainly didn't hate it.

White Noise was kind of like The Forgotten for me. Good build up but with a half-assed ending. Like they ran out of time so just tacked something on at the end.

Boogeyman I didn't mind the first time I watched it but the ending was just moronic and spoiled the whole movie for me. It wasn't great to begin with but I was having some fun watching it.

Cursed. Another movie that was sort of dumb fun but when the werewolf gave `em the finger I rolled my eyes and turned it off.

Amityville would've sucked but Ryan Reynolds was great in it. Excellent job of going nutso. Too bad there wasn't a movie around to support him.

But, in the end I voted for "other" for Land of the Dead. It was the biggest disappointment of the year, I wasn't expecting much from the others on the list. Plus I doubt I'll be able to watch it ever again thanks to an extremely annoying ending to the movie and "Big Daddy", one of my most hated characters in a movie, EVER.

8. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Although I turnned Alone in the dark off, I went with Wolf Creek. I'd hate for horror films to progress into being simulated snuff films.

9. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Awwwww, did those movies messy-up yer day?

10. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Not that I bothered to see most of what's on the list, but Ring 2 by far sucked the most.

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I haven't seen Cry Wolf, Chaos, The Fog, or White Noise yet, but can say without a doubt in my mind that no matter how much any of those may suck (and I'm sure The Fog is dogshit), there is NO FUCKING WAY they can come close to the steaming pile of moose-shit that was Hide And Seek.

Easily one of the worst movies EVER in any genre!

From the others, The Ring 2 is a close second and Boogeyman is right on it's ass.
    Alone In The Dark is Uwe, so you know that has redeeming value! It also has some cool effects IMO.

I called out the end of Hide about 5-10 minutes into the film, I just wish I had stopped it then instead of sitting through the rest and losing that time forever.

12. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

It's hard for me to imagine anything being much worse than THE RING 2. You can't expect much out of Uwe Boll or the makers of CHAOS, but given RING 2's director and what he had to work with, I can't imagine a bigger letdown than what we got, especially those stupid cartoon deer, which is probably one of the dumbest scenes I've ever witnessed in a horror film.

BOOGEYMAN, CURSED, and WHITE NOISE were all pretty stupid too. ALONE IN THE DARK was just dull, it wasn't up to the usual Boll standard of comedy.
    DARK WATER rounds out the crap pack for me this year--the only interesting character was the landlord--I soon lost interest in Jennifer Connelly and her brat, but would have enjoyed a comedy/drama about the sandwich-eating, horse betting landlord character.

AMITYVILLE worked as a movie you could laugh at, so it escapes my condemnation.

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

You won't get a lot of support here from anyone else, but I'll agree with you 100%.

Now, I haven't seen any of the other films on the list, so I'll bet there's some stinkers on there worse than Devil's Rejects.

But I'm done with Rob Zombie as a filmmaker. Hated 1K Corpses, and only gave Rejects a spin due to it's overwhelming praise. His ADD movie-making style just annoys me.

14. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I can respect that point of view--I liked THE DEVIL'S REJECTS and it was the best horror film I saw in 2005, but it does still have some of the problems that his first film did, which I didn't like much at all. I think I was just pleased that DEVIL'S REJECTS told a coherent story and had some great performances. Sid Haig was the strongest part of the first film, and giving him more to do here improved things a lot. 2005 was a weak year as far as quality films go, so DEVIL'S REJECTS got the nod for me.

15. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Actually liked Wolf Creek, Amityville Horror and Devil's Rejects. Of the others I have seen, The Fog sucked worst and was the biggest letdown followed by The Ring Two and Boogeyman. Cursed was also garbage. Hide and Seek and White Noise put me to sleep, so not having seen them in their entirety I cannot judge.

16. Semerrill

Semerrill Member

amittyville horror

17. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

Well, how many Uwe Boll movies are on this list? Just one? Okay, Alone in the Dark it is.

18. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate New Member

Ring 2 gets my vote. I fell asleep on it.

19. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Alone in the Dark, hands down. I know some love it due to the unintentional humor, but this is so bad -- it's beyond appreciating even for the sake of laughing at it.

20. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

Without a doubt, The Ring Two.