Worst horror remake?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by satans-sadists, Oct 25, 2006.

?

Worst horror remake made in the present decade?

1. The Amityville Horror

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. The Fog

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  3. The Hills Have Eyes

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. When A Stranger Calls

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. The Wicker Man

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I have seen all except for When A Stranger Calls. I am probably the only one who likes The Fog, but I also liked the TCM remake, so much so, that I have the Unrated DVD of The Fog, and the 2 Disc set of the TCM remake. The other movies, in my opinion, blow. Hills Have Eyes remake was okay, but nothing to ride home about. Amityville Horror remake was pretty crappy, give me the Original Amityville Horror any day. Wicker Man was pretty pathic, not even really worth a free rental, the original was better, but it has been about 2 years since I have seen the original. When A Stranger Calls, from the trailers I have seen, it look pretty awful.

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I have not seen the remake of The Fog, but had to include it as I knew it would be effortless to stir up the hate!

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i liked texas chainsaw massacre,dawn of the dead,hills have eyes remakes
    i thought the amityville horror remake was okay
    wicker man and when a strangers calls remakes i thought were pretty bad

the fog remake i thought was horrible
    now lets see hopefully the upcoming
    day of the dead and black christmas remakes wont be as bad as wicker man and when a stranger calls and almost impossible to be as bad as the fog

4. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

Going with Fog here. (Still haven't seen Stranger or Wicker yet) Amityville was close, but I saw that at a drive-in double feature, followed by The Ring 2, which made it look like an academy award winner by comparison.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I have nothing against remakes, and have pretty much enjoyed all of them ...except The Fog, which i truely and utterly hated! Piece of worthless crap, I forced myself to finish watching it.

When a Stranger Calls I haven't seen yet, but all of the rest I enjoyed (yes, even the wicker man although i haven't seen the original, so maybe that's why), including Hills Have Eyes which I loved, probably even more than the original.

Oh, and I didn't think The Haunting was that bad either, although I agree the computer effects really hurt it. But when you just hear the loud noises, it was kinda creepy.