Worst movie ever made?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by RyanPC, Sep 2, 2003.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

ooh, dont tell that to Rhett...:rolleyes:

2. vampyr789

i really don't understand all the hate for Madman...i think its a very well made slasher...i mean it has some awesome gore, uber cool killer, hot tub sex scene, and some girl hiding in a fridge! :lol:
    its in my Top 10 fave slashers!

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

That's why it gets the heat. It's kindof err...stupid. Madman just isn't a very well-made slasher...at all, really. Not to mention the fridge that the girl hides in is one of those fridges that only opens from the outside. She wouldn't have been able to get out!!! The sex scene is odd and out of place, the acting is HORRIBLE, the dialogue (and its delivery) are terrible, and the whole movie's just a cheeseball of a slasher. I mean I love it because of its cheesiness, but I TOTALLY understand why people don't like Madman. It's got atmosphere, I'll give it that. I really like the location and the lighting in some of the scenes, and some of the kills are pretty inventive, but the movie isn't really carried out all that well.

Btw, this movie really DOES need a re-release from Anchor Bay. The old non-anamorphic transfer is crap.

~Matt

4. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Seconded - I love it. I'd add the lighting and the framing, not to mention the theme song to your list. It's a fun, scary slasher with lots of atmosphere, and there are some great artistic touches.

5. vampyr789

yeah the cinematography is good, the night scenes look great. sorry i forgot the music too. i love that theme song.

i always find something to like out of even the worst slashers...except Slaugher High....
    it really does need a new DVD though.

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

You didn't like Slaughter High??? It's in the same league of cheesiness as Madman. Actually, I think I enjoy Slaughter High a little more than Madman, to be quite honest.

~Matt

7. vampyr789

i just couldn't get into it...i've only seen it once, so maybe i need to see it again. there is some really stupid scenes in Slaughter High. I mean when the girl it taken a bath, the acid comes out of the faucet...she doesn't even try to get out the tub! When the guy drinks the acid in a can..(btw, wouldn't the acid eat thru the can??) it takes about 30 sec. for him to start hurting...some really stupid things like that.

where as in Madman, when the girl hides in the fridge, it is so stupid that it is funny...(well at least to me)

i might just have to see Slaughter High again to enjoy it, it has been a while since i've seen it.

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's just it. It ends up being funny. Slaughter High wasn't meant to be taken seriously. (The movie has thirty year-old actors playing teenagers, for Christ's sake! lol)

~Matt

9. vampyr789

i'll give it another shot...

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

This thread is long and spans years and I'm sure I've said this before, but to this day REVENGE IN THE HOUSE OF USHER and DRACULA 3000 still take the cake. MASTER OF DISGUISE takes the prize where so-called "comedies" are concerned.

11. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

REVENGE IN THE HOUSE OF USHER! OMG that movie's TERRIBLE!!!

Unfortunately, I saw Master of Disguise in theatres. Shit, that movie's like what, a little over an hour? What a mess...

~Matt

12. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I love H.G. Lewis and his movies, but this one was a miserable piece of shit.

The worst movie ever made? Without a doubt, it's Hellroller. Pick the worst Troma movie and it's still high quality compared to this atrocity. I made the mistake of viewing it for the October challenge. :( A homeless lunatic in a wheelchair killing people... Sounds like cheesy fun at the very least, right? WRONG! An acid enema is preferable.

13. Uncle Jay

Uncle Jay Member

A Knight's Tale

-UJ

14. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Armageddon.

15. Tasty Toejam

Tasty Toejam Guest

Maybe I've been doing them wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  16. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I haven't looked through every post in this thread so if this movie has already been mentioned, I apologize.

Sometimes a bad film comes along that is SO bad that it transcends its badness and becomes art. Like Troll 2. But then there's films that are even worse. Such a film is Doris Wishman's "A Night To Dismember". It DID get a DVD release (god only knows why). I dare anyone to sit through this film and NOT have their patience tried to its fullest extent. This movie is SO bad that certain actors are actually replaced throughout the course of the film. It even manages to make "Boarding House" look watchable.

"A Night to Dismember". Truly the most jaw-dropping 70-80 some-odd minutes I've ever put myself through. Here's the trailer.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmb34upfAro

17. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

easy for this question - dark knight