Worst movie ever made?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by RyanPC, Sep 2, 2003.

1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I could say I hate the Evil Dead movies. Your argument over part 1 is a little silly though, because I dislike it for being extremely overrated... It's not an acquired taste, it's a horror movie, and an orthodox one at that. There's nothing "aquired" there at all. (unlike part 2) But as for ED2, I hate it because I hate comedy in my horror (for the most part), I don't think it's a perfect mix at all and is even more overrated than the first.

2. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Yep, that's the one. It's been 11 years since I've seen it, but doubtful my opinion has changed.

3. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I use to like Evil Dead 1 and 2 alright. When I was about 12 I saw both and thought they were pretty good. As far as horror movies of the type go Evil Dead 1 is still pretty cool. Evil Dead 2 is alright, it has some good scenes but also a lot of way too silly scenes in it. Both get pretty boring by the end, esp. Part 2.
    I don't love either and I don't hate either. They are both alright in my opinion, just WAY overrated.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I love the first Evil Dead, i feel part 2, Although pretty good kinda overatted.

I also on the most part like my comedy and Horror seperate. The only one i can think of i really liked was American Werewolf in London.

although Cemetary Man, Evil Dead 2 (i said kinda), Theatre of Blood, and Day of the beast are good too.

Any worst movies i'v seen in recent memory:

Just Married and Scary Movie - both are a Waste of film

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I like all of the Evil Dead movies and I don't care who doesn't. :)

6. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

7. Atmims

Atmims Guest

:lol: :lol:

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You gotta be kidding me. :cry: :cry:

10. hell ya!

Nope!:fire:

11. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

I think part 1 is an aquired taste, it just so happens that this is a horror movie forum, and lots of horror fans have aquired this taste. Ask a non-horror fan. I have a few friends who don't like a lot of horror movies and don't like part 1, but this is seriously the first time I have heard anyone say that part 2 is their least favorite movie of all time. I think you just have to accept the fact that it is a good movie and you don't know what you're talking about :D

As for the Omen, I will explain to you the reason think I don't like it. First of all the movie has plot holes, like many other horror movies, there are specific obvious reasons that this would not happen in real life (I think the most obvious one being the nanny. She just shows up at the house and tells them that she is the new nanny. No good parent would just let some stranger walk into their house and start taking care of their kid, especially after what happened to their last nanny.) Because this part of the movie was boring, it led me to notice and question these plot holes much more than I would if there were stuff happening. Noticing these plot holes caused me to think the movie was silly, and in a silly movie, emotional acting seems a little overdone. Now more ominous things are happening, and I think these are stupid (since I am not really getting into the movie) so with the perception of overacting, dumb events, obvious plot holes, and no action, the movie was already ruined for me, and the end didn't even matter. There you have it.

12. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

For one thing, it is a movie. Almost every movie has a few plot holes and you cannot possibly expect all movies to be realistic. So what if they let the evil nanny into their home? It's about the Antichrist being a six year old for God's sake, you think they are going to try and make it realistic as possible? Besides, I thought it was pretty realistic for the storyline and thought your so-called "overacting" was brilliant. Gregory Peck is amazing in it, as is Lee Remick and Billie Whitelaw. It was suspenseful and scary, to me at least. If you didn't like The Omen because you thought it was boring, I'd hate to see you watch an Alfred Hitchcock movie, who although he is a genius, never fails to create a boring first 30 mins. to an hour in each of his movies. I know I can't expect everyone to like a certain movie, and at first this thing about me and The Omen only started as a joke, but this just proves to me you know nothing about film.

And sorry about that comment about Hitch-- you are still a genius even if some of your movies are boring in the beginning! :) :D

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Haha! This coming from someone who loves FRIGHT NIGHT...:D .

14. hell ya!

Fright Night owns Halloween! :fire: :D

:lol:

15. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Fright Night...Worst vampire movie ever made

:fire: FRIGHT NIGHT

16. hell ya!

:eek1:

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Wow. Fright Night & The Omen worst movies? :eek2:

Anyways, I'll nominate The Howling VII :D

18. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I'm surprised nobody has said Snuff as everyone seems to hate it. I'm still glad I bought the dvd though:nervous:

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

3000 Miles to Graceland.

20. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

I think you missed the point. I know most horror movies have plot holes, but if there is actually something happening, then it is easier to overlook those. And the "overacting" may have not been overacting (al I stated above) but after noticing all these plot holes the movie seemed like more of a silly movie than a serious one, and serious acting in silly movies can be considered overacting.

Oh, and BTW, I love Hitchcock, and I don't mind the beginning of his movies, because he spends the time wisely building up plot and characters.

EDIT: I don't think it's wise to try to insult me based on my opinion of one film. I never once yelled or snapped at you, I was simply trying to explain why I didn't like this particular movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2003