Worst Silent Night, Deadly Night Sequel

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Dec 13, 2010.

?

What's the worst SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT sequel?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2011.
  1. Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Initiation: Silent Night, Deadly Night 4

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Bah humbug, I haven't seen any!

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  6. They all serve up a lump of coal.

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. They're all candy canes and rainbows

6 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

Part 2 is comically terrible.
    Part 3 is boringly terrible.
    Part 4 is confusingly terrible.
    Part 5 is unabashedly terrible.

The worst? Part 5, if not for the sheer suckiness than for naming the eventual villains Joe Petto and Pino. Ugh.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I voted for part 2. It would be a so bad it's good movie if it wasn't for the fact that 2/3rds of the movies are flashback scenes from part 1, edited flashbacks I may add with all the gore and good stuff cut out. The scenes actually shot for the movie are worth watching though as the actor is so damn bad!

Part 3 is terrible as well, and just really boring. No good kill scenes and other then the main guy being worth a laugh for his 80s haircut and jean jacket suit the movie is really hard to get through.

Part 4 has nothing really to do with Christmas and you can tell the Silent Night title was tacked on at the last second. It is just way too damn weird and boring to be enjoyed.

Part 5 is the only sequel that I thought was any good. It too was crazy and weird, but it didn't take itself too seriously and was a lot of fun. It had the most Christmas elements in it, some of the kills were decent, Mickey Rooney was over the top and crazy, and the ending was actually quite atmospheric and unexpected, especially
    the robot humping the woman and saying I love you Mommy.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  3. shockwave

shockwave New Member

I don't see how this is a contest, Part 2 was so ungodly horrible, not only from half of the film being clips of the first one, to the horrible acting, to the obvious mannequin getting shocked, and I haven't even seen it in about 10 years but I remember all that. I can't remember much about 4 and i don't think I've seen 5 but well, I don't see how they could possibly be worse.

4. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I just got the entire series on DVD, so I'll be back to vote after watching them all. I just watched the first one tonight, after not seeing it for many years. It was one of my fave slashers through the late '80s - early '90s. Great to revisit it.

PUNISH!

5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I watched them all. I voted for Part 4 (Initiation) as the worst. It's pointless, icky, and has little to do w/ the holiday. Here's my overall ranking:

- Part 2. Despite the stock footage, I love it. Even my GF enjoyed "that guy's particular brand of overacting."

- Part 3. Not very good. Too slow. Didn't do enough w/ its premise (blind girl w/ psychic connection to disturbed killer) or Bill Moseley w/ his brain exposed.

- Part 5 (The Toy Maker). Not the best killer toy movie I've seen. The early Puppet Masters are better. To be fair, I've only seen it once, though.

- Part 4. As above.

6. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

They're all candy canes and rainbows. Why no love for part 4 on here wtf? That's my favorite of all the sequels.