Would you pick up a hitchiker?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Workshed, Jan 19, 2007.

?

Would you pick up a hitchhiker?

1. Sure, I'm not afraid.

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. No, never, I've seen what they can do, man!

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  3. Yes, but only if the hitcher were of the opposite sex.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Yes, but only if I had another person in the car.

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

No, never, I've seen what they can do, man!

2. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Hauer - yes.
    Bean - no.

:)

3. Tien21

Tien21 Guest

I wasn't sure how to vote so I just said Sure, I'm not afraid. I would only pick up a nice looking hitcher. Definitely pick him up if he was hot. I'd pick most girls up too. No way I would pick Sean Bean up.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Depends.
    I've picked a couple/few up and passed by many others. Kinda goes by looks and situation. I've got a pretty good read on people so if something says "no" to me then I won't. Other factors include the mood I'm in, where I'm going, if I'm in a hurry, how likely someone else will grab them.

Great reference to "Detroit Rock City" West, forgot about that line.:D
    Thankfully or unfortunately, picking one up has never started either kind of flick, although I scored some great weed one time.:)

5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

:lol: :lol:

6. Luna

Luna Guest

I don't even drive and I'm saying HELL no.

7. Sam

Sam Member

Definitely not. I'm sure there are plenty of good natured folks hitching for any variety of reasons but I won't take my chances on assuming they're just down on their luck, pleasant people.

8. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I voted no because of a personal experience I had when I was younger-nothing bad happened but I was shown a knife and had to drive this person around for hours for fear of my life-he said his truck was broken down and just needed a ride to a friends house (he asked me while i was pumping gas at a station on my way to my girlfriends house). Sooo long story short- never again! I have also had a gun held to my head when I worked at the bank many years ago- but that is a totally different story-- yea im bad luck....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I have in the past-one turned out to be a stripper and the other a guy who later turned up in the papers for allegedly raping and killing his fifteen year old half sister(he was acquitted eventually, btw)-I will never do it again.

10. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

i've picked up hitchhikers lots of times. the last one was a really strange dude that i picked up on my way back from going shooting. i made him ride in back and i was making fun of the way he looked to my daughter the whole time which was making my daughter laugh. i also picked up a prostitute once when i was like 17 years old before i knew how to pick those types out from the regular type that just needs a ride. i dropped her off and she told me if i ever needed any company to "page" her and she left me her pager number.

11. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Ditto.

12. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

I voted no, but way back when I was younger I picked up these two drunk girls, they were pretty cool and we ended up hanging out and over that time I got to nail both of them :D so it wasn't a bad decision at that point of time but it could have turned out far worse, I just lucked out for once! (actually several times if I recall correctly.)

13. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

no. i also refuse to have sex in the woods.

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I pick up pairs of girls all the time. Last time I did it was about a year ago, these chicks returning from a grad party. They were pretty sweet. I figure some chick will mug me sometime, but depending on how she does it....it might be okay. :D

15. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I don't know which is more dangerous: hitchhking yourself or picking one up. So I voted no!

16. Luna

Luna Guest

Apparently, hitching can be a scary proposition too. Hell no to all of it!

17. Fumi

Fumi Member

No, I picked up a guy once and he was drunk and I think mildly retarded. He started telling me his whole life story (an extremely exciting affair in his estimation, not mine) and then invited me in to his apartment to get drunk with him like I was his best buddy in the whole world. Never again.

18. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

I would if it was a good-looking girl, but there's pretty much no chance of a good-looking girl not having transportation.

19. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

Hmm....this sounds very "Dear Penthouse Forum, I was at the library yesterday and helped the librarian get a book off the shelf. And of course, she was wearing no panties, and pulled me into the broom closet...";) :sperm:

20. Chad

Chad Member

Probably not. The ones I've encountered are always psychotic looking and could very well be the ax murdering type.

I've yet to see one attractive hitchhiker of the female persuasion. :(