WTF? Mulholland Drive - Donnie Darko

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, Aug 22, 2004.

?

vote

1. Mulholland Drive

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Donnie Darko

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. both

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Which one you had more trouble figuring out what was going on?

2. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Donnie Darko....and I'm still not sure that I understand it completely with the usual
    time travel paradoxes
    inherent in a film of its nature. I need to watch it again though....since it has been awhile and I need to refresh what I didn't quite understand before. Now, does THAT make sense? :p

3. Gothic Queen

Gothic Queen Guest

I never saw Mulholland Drive, probably cause noone recomends something they themselves don't understand. But Donnie Darko was great and if anyone is confused or wants to compare their opinion of whats going on with mine I'd be more than happy to shed a little light.

4. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Mulholland Drive was confusing as hell until I had somebody from the forums explain a lot of it to me. Now I just need to rewatch it knowing what I do now. Unfortunately, I didn't understand the poll question and voted for Donnie Darko because I was assuming it was some type of "which do you like better" poll.

5. Morg

Morg Guest

I voted for Donnie Darko, as I don't recall if I completely figured it out; must watch it again. I do recall having figured out Mulholland Drive after I'd watched it, that feeling of satisfaction that consumes you as everything falls into place and makes perfect sense, if even for a fleeting moment. But hell, that moment's long gone now. Must re-watch Mulholland Drive...

6. Blade

Blade Guest

Mulholland Drive. I've seen it twice now and still know little more than the first time I saw it. Both are great movies btw.

7. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I think after so many viewings of both, I have a slight handle on both. Went for Darko though because that took me awhile to process.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I accidentally voted Donnie Darko because I didn't read the thread and thought it was for which one you liked the best... now that I know what the thread is really about, I have to say Mulholland Dr. I didn't really have a hard time understanding Donnie Darko, but Mulholland Dr. was just nuts. What was David Lynch smoking?

I loved Donnie Darko, hated Mulholland Dr.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

it took me 2 or 3 viewings to get the movie donnie darko

10. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I've watched both several times and am often left with the feeling that perhaps if I was shit faced... I would get it. Donnie Darko was a bit easier to sort of grasp but MD just left me with a huge headache. So my vote went to both.

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I think I have a better grasp on Donnie than I do on Mulholland. Every time I watch MD I see to think I know what its about but by the end of the movie I get mentally fucked once again.

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Considering both films are in my top 10 favorites of all time, I've watched them more times than I can remember. I've come to understand both about as well as possible, but out of the two, I probably have a tad bit more questions when it comes to Donnie Darko, so it received my vote. Interpreting certain aspects of them is so much fun.

13. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Mulholland Dr.

Then again, I was too bored to even care what the hell was going on.

14. adric

adric New Member

ive only seen donnie darko out of the two and i had a fairly easy time understanding it but can anyone else recommend other mindfuck movies becuase i love them

15. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Okay, some of my favorite mindfuck films are as follows:

Videodrome
    Pretty much any David Lynch film
    Dellamorte Dellamore
    Jacob's Ladder
    eXistenZ
    Audition
    The Tenant
    8 1/2
    Pi
    Save the Green Planet
    Open Your Eyes
    Vanilla Sky
    In the Mouth of Madness
    Solaris (original and remake)
    Brazil
    Santa Sangre
    Naked Lunch
    Swimming Pool

I could go on. There are so many fabulous mindfuck films.