X-Files / Halloween crossover?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mok, Mar 3, 2015.

?

Would it be cool if there was an X-Files / Halloween cross-over?

1. Yes!

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. No!

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Last night just before dropping of into dreamland I had a thought about whether it would be cool if X-Files, either in movie or television villain of the week form, visited Haddonfield, Illinois to investigate reports of a legendary supernatural killer.

Whether or not it could happen, I'm not sure about. Probably not. But I the more I think about it, the more it kind of fits.

Mulder would of course eat up the legend while Scully would put it down to urban myth. Eventually they would have a confrontation with Michael Myers and kill him in an epic chase/fight, only to never recover his body. Along the way they could meet some of the characters from the films and maybe even encounter a copy-cat. Basically, it would be replacing the Loomis character with Mulder and Scully.

I think it could be really offing cool. What say you?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

No. They did have a vampire episode that was funny and kind of played for comedy and seriousness like what you mention. There was that Halloween haunted house episode too. Or I think it was a Christmas episode since I think they gave each other gifts at the end.

I think Supernatural wanted to have Jason. I kind of thought that might work. At least when the show was good and had a consistent dark tone.

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It would probably use the cult worshipers subplot which many would rather not revisit. They're all about conspiracies so even if they don't use the exact druids they'll use something similar. After all, if they're just looking for MM by wandering around Haddonfield that's not really a compelling episode.

Since this usually happens Halloween night you've got a short window to get them there. Most episodes they get called in days if not weeks and months after the initial event. For Halloween by the time they show up it's too late. So Mulder drags Scully to Haddonfield the following Halloween after being pulled in the year before?

A Nightmare on Elm Street seems like a more likely candidate. Things that can happen over a longer period of time.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

They should probably stick to the more scientific ones like the play on the monster in the lake. That was a good episode. Even though Scully lost the dog.

5. Christy

Christy Member

Only 2 votes for yes?