X-Files returns!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2015.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Replacement discs are en route. If you log into Fed Ex Delivery Manager, you can track them.

Mine are scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday by end of day.

Also, new episode tonight.

2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

And the new season keeps getting better. Episode 3 is an improvement over the solid second ep and a real treat for fans.

Steel76 and Mok like this.
  3. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

So goofy, so great! :D

Steel76 likes this.
  4. Dave

Dave Pimp

Did you guys see the article about worldwide ratings being phenomenal? Good stuff. Carter said it ends on a cliffhanger so lets hope we see season 11.

Steel76 and Mok like this.
  5. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

This third episode, despite a rather shaky post opening sequence, is IMO the first episode to clear the decent quality bar. It still felt a little rushed and wooden compared to original run tongue in cheek episodes, but at least it could have been included in an earlier season set and not be viewed as seriously out of place quality wise.

I did notice and appreciate, even if its not the first time the series has made such a nod, that when the lizard man donned his borrowed clothes he was the spitting image of Carl Kolchak, right down to the adjust of the tie.

6. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I thought that paid great homage to Darin McGavin. I noticed it right away. I enjoyed this episode a lot.

7. Dave

Dave Pimp

I just got a chance to watch Were-Monster for the first time. It was a blast.

Gillian in that terrible fictious sex scene. The line about guys not sending her pictures of their junk - gold! GOLD!

Duchovny - he is a god. The very fact he sported a speedo over 20 years later - love it. I'll tell you, I remember when I first watched the show in the early 90s and thought Duchovny was terrible. He was just too dry. But the dryness is part of Mulder; part of the charm.

The ending scene, the ending quote - "Likewise..." Gave me goosebumps. That's the magic right there. They actually recaptured it for me. It reminds me of The Post-Modern Prometheus, which is an episode that I will always remember how it made me feel the first time I saw it. The emotions that fictional shows and movies can create for us - I love it. While Were-Monster isn't in the same league, that ending and the look of boyish look of awe and wonder on Mulder's face, plus that final quote - knocked it out of the park.

8. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Wow, I'm a little amazed at the reactions here. That last episode was easily worse than anything in Season 9 (except the Brady Bunch episode, maybe).

Erick H. likes this.
  9. Dave

Dave Pimp

I have been following the discussiobs on reddit as well. I can assure you, you are in the minority with that opinion.

10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I loved the latest episode. The comedic dialogue between Scully and Mulder was a fresh air, compared to the two first episodes, it just flowed a lot more natural.
    Since i missed most seasons, except for the first two, are there any more classic episodes done in this style, that I should look up?

I prefer the monster of the week concept, compared to the usual conspiracy storyline, and I guess the latter is why I didn't follow the show after a while.
    But as long as they continue to mix it up a bit, I'll continue to watch :)

Gillian sure puts on a nice display in this one :D

11. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Great post - I agree with everything you said. The comedy between Mulder and Scully was priceless. They do it with such ease. This is the first time that I truly felt what Mulder feels - that he is a middle aged man questioning his direction and purpose in life. I also like the monster of the week concept the best. They are some of the best episodes.

Steel76 likes this.
  12. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here ;)

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

The Post-Modern Prometheus was one of my favorites. I also loved the Christmas themed episodes; I recall one in a haunted house. Google 'best x-files episodes' and you'll find many recommendations.

Steel76 likes this.
  14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I received my replacement blu-rays for season 8 from Fox today. The discs came in envelopes... in a bubble mailer... in a box... in a plastic bag... needless to say, they were packaged extremely well.

15. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Really great episode. I noticed that Gillian's voice sound a lot less hoarse this week. She must've had to shoot episode 2 with a cold.

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'm fine with that.

17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I love x-files but humbly agree with you it kind of stinks. But this is better then nothing and I love this show regardless.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

You're lucky then, my replacement discs were all just shoved in a small bubble mailer. Each disc was in it's own seperate white sleeve and were perfectly okay though.

19. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I saw the third episode last night - the one with the were-monster. It wasn't what I had hoped. Overly satirical and lacking the scare factor of the series as I remember it. Almost as if the makers don't have faith in the concept.

20. Mok

Mok Family is Forever