Your favorite slasher series?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Dave, Oct 15, 2000.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'd rank it last - as part of the Halloween franchise, it definately sucks - whatever its other merits.

Halloween all the way with this one.

2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    FRIDAY THE 13TH. In my teen years, not a year or two would go by without a Friday the 13th movie. They signalled the coming of spring or the close of another hot summer. I enjoyed Jason's (and Mrs. Vorhees solo effort) exploits but what I really looked forward to was that last part of the movie where I was on the edge of my seat watching the final girl battle for survival. From Part 1 to Part 7 - I never left the theater disappointed. :)

3. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

The original poster was actually ranking Part III of the Friday the 13th series. :)

4. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I just dont like it, its too stupid. Like when he pulls his mask up and stuff, plus its like the Hunchback of Crystal Lake, :D

5. Friday the 13th....but I really enjoy the Halloween and Nightmare franchises as well. It's just as a whole, Friday the 13th is better......IMO.

6. Jeffrey Dahmer

Jeffrey Dahmer New Member

Hmm, I will have to say Candyman.

It's hard to decide between it and Halloween... I think great slasher have to do with the music score alot in a way. There is just something most popular series have in common (Jason and Halloween) and that is the amazing theme song.

While I love the theme of Halloween, my favorite is the theme of Candyman by Philip Glass.

Anyway, the Candyman trilogy was great.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  7. rhett

rhett Administrator

Wow, this thread is a fossil, nice to see it revived! I'd add the PROM NIGHT series to the lot, they never tired themselves out, always going for a fresh slant with each entry. I still stand by my old post though, I'm a FRIDAY man, although I have a lot more respect for the first now than I used to. There's nothing more nostalgic than a summer out at the lake...

8. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Halloween... Michael did it first and better.

I only like three of the Nightmare movies, but I avoid the Friday movies if I can help it.

9. MrVess

MrVess Guest

The Halloween series, including "Curse" - and no step further. Especially not towards the wretched remake.

10. Sam

Sam Member

Probably the Nightmare series. Pound for pound, I love the psychology of the character and the dream worlds. Also loved how often the transitions between the real world and dream world could be initially hard to discern for the viewer and the characters. Great stuff. FRIDAY, HALLOWEEN, etc etc are all good in their own right, I just find Nightmare in a slightly higher league for me.