Your Favorite Theatrical Experience

Discussion in 'General' started by SaviniFan, Oct 4, 2005.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I have two:

Rocky Balboa
    This one happened during the trailers. The trailer for "Blood & Chocolate" was playing and it looked absolutely terrible. I can tell that the whole audience is thinking "what the hell is this?" as the preview plays. Then the title comes up and the narrator says (in a ridiculously serious voice) "Blood......and Chocolate". The whole audience busts up and continue to do so through the opening titles of Rocky.

Observe and Report
    My girlfriend and I are the only ones in the theater. About 20 minutes before the end a theater hopper walks in and sits down. Seconds later a giant dick is onscreen and he promptly gets up a leaves. We were laughing so hard!

2. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

I go see 28 weeks later and one man vomits to the person in front seat of him. So the man is vomit in the back of the head of this man and is not clear because movie is loud so I never hear the vomit sounds because is in other side. So we see the man walk up the walkway and we hear him swear about the fucking bastard vomit on me to the cinema workers and the hair and shirt is wet from this and smell!!!!!! We see this is terrible but then people start to go because of the smell start to come around. When I start to smell this vomit smell I go imediate and get my money back. I think is maybe every body do this. Is like a smell of very bad vomit and beer smell and rotting mellons. I see the movie next day again. I like the movie but when I think about or see the dvds in the store for this movie I remember the smell. Not good but is in my memory.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  3. Dusk

Dusk New Member

LAND OF THE DEAD, because I went on the first morning session of a weekday so no one else was in the theatre. Oh wait, there was one person who came in and of all the seats sat 2 rows ahead of me. Scratch that one...

Okay, SCREAM. Alot of energy in the theatre that night. Good times.

4. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Ok 100% for sure Freddy Vs Jason and the reason I say that is they had the advance showings of that on August 14, 2003 and there was that huge blackout in the New York and Ontario just 4 hours before the movie was showing. I live in the border of Ontario in Quebec and all the people were coming over for gas and food because Quebec had power and it was full madness. I though it was funny cause there was a fight at the gas station next door and then I get to the movie and there were people chearing "freddy" and "jason" and another fight. The crowd was so pumped and so noisy.....plus people were just happy to have AC coolness. Was good times.

Second place Natural Born Killers. I couldn't get any of my buddies to go and it was the first day showing. The movie starts and I'm the only bastard in there. Plus was the most fucked up thing I seen in theatre up to that point.....maybe ever.

Third place Star Wars Episode 1. Waiting in line for 6 hours for the midnight showing in Ottawa @ some old theatre on somerset (I think it's gone now) and just before the end of the movie the real gets F in the A and I never got to see the end......Untill I had to watch it all over again just to see the last five min campfire cookout.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  5. Criswell

Criswell New Member

As a 16 year old budding film buff i stumbled alone into a day double feature of Pink Flamingos and Desperate Living have no idea what i was about to experience. OMG!

Never laughed so much in my friggin life. Next day i took 8 of my mates to a midnight viewing at the same theatre this time with a packed hippie/student/artsy audience. What a wild night.

2nd best was sneakng with a mate into the opening night of Pacinos Cruising! People were storming out after 10 minutes!

6. Frankenstorm

Frankenstorm Guest

In 1988 two friends and I were going to see The Cramps (the band) at the Ritz in NYC. When we get there, a guy at the door tells us the show has been canceled due to a band member getting "food poisoning"! We're bummed, but looking for something else to do, we found the first Police Squad! movie at a downtown theater. The place was packed and at times you couldn't hear the movie because everyone was laughing so hard. I never laughed so much at a movie from start to end before or since.

A short time later we went to see it again at a suburban multiplex. There were three or four other people in the theater. You could have heard a pin drop the whole time. Quite a contrast.

(I finally got to see The Cramps at the same venue a year and a half later.) :)