Your First "R" Rated Theatrical Horror Film

Discussion in 'General' started by SaviniFan, Apr 18, 2004.

1. wizzer

wizzer get outta here ewe

me too. my older sister took me to a late showing at the theater and i remember when terminator is shooting all the cops in the police station, there were a shitload of teenagers counting down the number of cops- cause the one guy says something to the effect of there are 100 cops in here or something close. anyway, there were condoms blown up and being batted around too. a real rowdy crowd. i'd be so pissed if something like that happened in a theater when i went to see a movie these days.

the gate was the first actual horror movie i ever saw but i don't know if it was rated r.

2. nekropimp

nekropimp Guest

The first "R" rated film that I saw in a theater, was "NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION", but the first "R" Rated HORROR flick I saw in a theater, was FRIDAY THE 13th: THE FINAL CHAPTER...it was indeed a magical moment for me. I think this is why THE FINAL CHAPTER remains one of my favorites in the FRIDAY series of films.

3. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I remember watching American Werewolf in London with my Mom at the drive in. That's probably the earliest. I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 3 at the drive in too.

4. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I slightly remember seeing the Shining in a Drive in Theater with my parents when I was about 3. I don't remember much except for the chase scene at the end. This was the only time I have even been in a drive in theater and would love to again but they are hard to find

5. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

My first was Parasite in 3-D, and I think I was 10 (assuming this came out in 81, but it could have been 82). I dragged my poor grandfather to it, which just goes to show you what a great guy he was. We went to a lot of movies together back when I was a kid, horror movies along with his favorites which were Bronson and Eastwood movies. He evn brought me to see Fast Times at Ridgemont High, which pissed my parents off after they got back from vacation and saw it themselves at a later date. Gramp always claimed that it was terrrible, but I was there with him and remember him laughing hard and not exactly hating the scene with phoebe cates.I even talked him into bringing me to Evil dead when I was 12, but the bastards at the theater wouldn't let me in even though he was there with me!

6. Adam13

Adam13 Guest

True Lies wasn't R Rated though?
    Man I cannot believe how old I must be, and I am only 30...Blair Witch, Scream, New Nightmare...

the first movie I saw in the theaters that was rated R was The Jerk. Shortly after I got to see The Amityville Horror which scared the shit out of me. Of course right after that was The Shining and then Stir Crazy...nothing was funnier to an 8 year old than Richard Pryor.

7. dayglo

dayglo Member

That would be "Twin Peaks : Fire Walk With Me". It was the only R one out not long after I turned 18 that I wanted to see. "Jason Goes To Hell" came soon after that though, and was my first R horror flick in the theatre.