Your most anticipated DVD's of 2002

Discussion in 'General' started by gusse, Apr 10, 2002.

1. gusse

gusse New Member

This is the sort of toppic that pops up on a rather regular basis, but I can't seem to remember seeing one in a while. So here goes! my most anticipated DVD's of 2002 (in no particular order)

Gangs Of New york
    Goodfellas (Special Edition)
    I have faith in Scorsese! I have no idea about when Gangs Of New York might be released on DVD. Lets see when it gets released in theaters first - but if it's released onto theaters this summer there might be a chanse of it getting out on DVD later this fall... Hopefully this will be the movie that (finaly) gives Marty his Oscar!

...And while we are at it... Release that damn new Goodfellas allready!!!

The Fog (Special Edition)
    When the hell is this one comming out!? There has been talk about this one for longer than I can remember but something allways manages to push it further away. Probably John Carpenter's most underapriciated movie. This one NEEDS a special edition treatment!!!!

Four Flies On Grey Velvet
    Trauma
    Two Evil Eyes
    ..Don't get me started. The last couple of Dario Argento movies that are not released on DVD yet. (Not counting "Mila"and the TV thingys..). Have never seen Four Flies of Trauma, but I'm defenetly looking forward to it! Dario's Two Evil Eyes segment is not one of his more important contributions to cinema, but I'm defenetly buying the DVD when it hits the shelves.

Ed Woods
    As announced yesterday - this classic Tim Burton movie is finally being released on DVD this year. It's not the Special Mega Super Delux eidion that we all wanted, but atleast it's anamorpic OAR.

Castle of blood
    Never seen this baby but have hard greate things about it. if it's anywhere near as good a gothic ghost story as Bava's "Black Sunday" i'm all for it!! Really looking forward to it.

Futurama season #2
    I know you guys in the states (reg1) havent got the first season out on DVD yet, but here in Reg2 it was released a month or two back. Brilliant show, just love it! I want more, more, MORE!!!!! ;)

Kill Baby Kill
    Have been getting in to Mario Bava this year, and i'm loving every single second of it. This movie is allready out, but in a (suposebly) rather weak pan&scan version... i'm waiting for Image's (hopefully) stellar version that should be released sometime this year!

Horror of Dracula
    Curse of Frankenstein
    I'm just getting in to Hammer Horror. I absolutly LOVE Christopher Lee and the boys! These two movies are suposebly among the best Hammer ever made. Sounds pretty darn sweet to me! :)

Audition
    Brilliantly disturbing movie! i own the Tartan version of this move on DVD allready, but i'm not satisfied with the video quallity. Hopefully there'll be a (way) better edition released in Reg1 during this year.

Zombie (flesh eaters)
    Fun movie, but the picture quallity on the Anchor Bay version seems pretty bad. Hope that Shriek Show will do a better job on this one!

Angel Heart (special edition)
    Never seen the movie, but keep hearing that it's brilliant. There are a bunch of versions out on DVD allready but I don't know which one to get. Suposebly theres a new Special Edition comming out later this year sometime - sounds interesting if you ask me. Might be worth waiting for!

Fellowship Of The Ring (Delux Super Mega Special Edition)
    Allmost forgot(!). I think I wont buy the first edition of this movie thats comming out this summer - I'm waiting for the HUGE one thats suposed to hit the streets later this fall. Sounds pretty spectacular if you ask me - probably the biggest darn DVD Edition in the history of the media!

UHF (Special Edition)
    "Lesbian natzi hookers abducted by UFO's and forced into weight loosing programs - all this week on Town Talk!". How can anyone have survived without this one on DVD untill now!?!?! :D

One Flew Over The Cucko's nest (Special Edition) forgot to include this the first time..
    Forgot this one the first time around... But this is one of those movies that I have chosen not to get on DVD until it gets decent treatment. Hopefully the upcomming version will be the one to run out and buy!

Amadeus: Directors Cut forgot to include this the first time..
    Superb movie that I havent got on DVD yet, but when this extended version gets out I'll be there picking it up first thing in the morning! :cool:

What DVD's are YOU waiting for?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2002
  2. nailzer

nailzer Guest

Near Dark-1987 with Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxson, and Tim Thomerson. The ultra violent vampire flick that has never made it to DVD.

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT:D

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I second that, and the spec ed of The Fog and Escape from NY. Also, that Shriek Show edition of Zombie. These are all must-haves.

5. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

beyond the darkness
    zombie nights of terror
    last house on the left
    simpsons season 2 (maybe 3 if we are lucky!)
    that giallo collection box set sounds real nice too
    monsters inc

6. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Wow, now here's a topic that I love to reply to. In no particular order:
    Re-Animator:SE
    Premutos
    Audition
    From Hell
    The Others
    Legend
    Silver Bullet
    Graveyard Shift
    Blue Velvet:SE
    UHF
    Memento:SE
    MASH:Season 2
    Simpsons:Season 2
    Buffy:Season 2
    Devil's Backbone
    Sleepaway Camp box set
    Lord of the Rings
    Pulp Fiction:SE
    Jackie Brown:SE

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (MGM)
    DEATH SMILES AT A MURDERER (Italian Shock)
    ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST (Shriek Show)
    RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (MGM)
    GIANT SPIDER INVASION (Retromedia)
    FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND (Retromedia)
    GIALLO COLLECTION (Anchor Bay)
    INVASION U.S.A. (Synapse)

8. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

SOCIETY
    NEAR DARK
    THE FOG
    LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET
    THE INITIATION
    RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
    BUIO OMEGA
    BLUE VELVET SE
    LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT
    WOLFEN
    DON'T LOOK NOW
    THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE
    THE MOTHMAN PROPHECIES
    THE HOWLING SE
    SILVER BULLET
    ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK SE

I am probably forgetting quite a few.

9. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Absolutely. One of the best films of the late '80s. Atmospheric, chilling and with a brilliant soundtrack, this is a "must have" release!

10. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

im looking forward to "Dagon"

11. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Buio Omega (Never seen it. Can't wait!)
    Near Dark
    ROTLD
    Transformers season 1
    Society (Yuzna's best)
    Zombie Holocaust (Never seen it)
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest SE
    Weird Science SE (If it ever comes out...):rolleyes:
    Blood Freak
    and many more.

Ain't DVD grand?

12. Jog

Jog Guest

Ohh. Bad news. Gangs has been bumped to December, and there are rumors flying that Miramax wants Marty to slice upwards of 30-40 minutes from the film. I'm still seeing it!!! :D

Anyhoo... here's stuff I want NOW:

Amadeus Special Edition: OH YES! Deleted scenes restored, and hopefully bundles of extras added to this wonderful movie! Coming soon!

Cannibal Holocaust: Grindhouse is supposedly almost done with this puppy, featuring a Deodato commentary among other fun and surprises. Sould eclipse the current R0 version...

Last House on Dead End Street: Barrel is handling this obscure, sleazy snuff-flavored classic, on a 2-disc set! I'm curious, and "Killing for Culture" seemed to love it...

The Giallo Collection: I've heard of none of these movies, but I'm a sucker for this crap.

Last House on the Left: Of course.

A Crapload of Something Weird Stuff

and hundreds of things I'll buy at the drop of a hat.

13. gusse

gusse New Member

You guys reminded me of some DVD's I forgot to include on my list, but now they are there! :)

14. Let's see:

Cannibal Holocaust: Have not seen this flick before but just watched the trailer on the Cannibal Apocalypse disc. Heard so much about this movie I'm dying to see it.

Nekromantik 2: I have really become a fan of Jorg Buttergeit's work after watching Nekromantik and Schramm. I hope Barrel has this one out this year. Really looking forward to getting the soundtracks for both Nekromantik titles (supposedly they will both be included with the Nekromantik 2 disc). After watching Nekromantik I could not get that music out of my head for days.

Der Todesking: Not sure if Barrel is releasing this as well, but the trailer looks sweet and I have read a little bit about the flick on various Internet sites.

Thriller A Cruel Picture: Never seen this movie, but it sure sounds good.

Cat in the Brain: Seems like some people don't like this movie, but I love Fulchi and I still want it. Have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for this title. Hopefully Image will stick to the 7/30/02 release date.

Two Orphan Vampires: More Rollin, yay!

The Nude Vampire: Still more Rollin.

Orgazmo: I love this movie and hope that it still comes out this year. I have been tempted to buy the VHS version, but have so far resisted.

Fellowship of the Ring: Great picture, great director. What else can I say? Have read the books numerous times and thought this film was done very well.

Resident Evil: Just saw this in the theatres last week and I thought it rocked. I plan on going and seeing it again this weekend. I hope the DVD will be released this year and that it will have some nice extras. Perhaps a commentary with Milla, interviews with Milla, stills of Milla, Milla action figure, A Day in the Life of Milla documentary (showering included). Is it obvious I have a thing for Milla? One can dream I guess.

Blaze Rockhard

15. CrumpsBro

CrumpsBro Guest

Return of the Living Dead
    Near Dark
    Last House on the Left

But if it's true that Wolfen is coming out this year, I'd add that to my list, as well

16. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I wouldn't have posted it if it weren't true. Trust me, it is.

17. Lindane

Lindane Guest

Word up!! The music composed for all of his films kick ass! I can't wait for them. The music for Der Todesking is probably my favorite though. I think it's probably one of his best movies too! There is a really expensive version of it on DVD at the laser exchange.

I program music and effects on my CPU and mess with sampling a lot. I'd really like to remix a lot of his stuff and throw it on top of some hard beats! Those violins kick ass! Not that anyone cares or anything but some of my music will be featured in this short movie coming out called "The Pen". I believe thats what it's called anyway. It's about the life of a pen and how it is circulated between people. Kinda like the movie Slacker I guess.

18. Lindane,
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one hooked on that music. I just remembered how much I liked the music from Der Todesking that was played during the trailer. Can't wait to see these films and get the soundtracks. I will have to look into that DVD at laser exchange. Congratulations on your music work and thanks for the info.

Blaze Rockhard

19. mybordy

mybordy Guest

I want

Funhouse: Special edition
    Actually, Good times edition is horrible!!! no 16x9, none bonus,...
    i want a special edition!!!
    Anchor bay, please...

Body Bags
    increible!! is not editing in region 1. Please edit the film in dvd and bonus...

The texas chainsaw massacre: 16x9 version
    please editing a 16x9 anamorphic version in DVD, pleaseee

Friday the 13th part 7, 8 and 9
    I want the part 7, 8 and 9 part of the classic series of jason vorgess

Amityville 1992, Amytille 1993, and part 4 of Amytiville

An american werewolf in Paris: special edition
    a special edition for this movie, please...

20. CrumpsBro

CrumpsBro Guest

Holy crap, Cujo! I just re-read your list and saw an even better movie right below <b>Wolfen</b>...

<b>Don't Look Now</b>!

Thanks for the heads up. :D