Your SCARIEST films of all-time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lyle Horowitz, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Whatever. :fucked: :p

What Slinker said about the amazing The Wicker Man is not a spoiler at all. Also Slinker, nice to see you agree on BWP and POD. :)

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

You gotta admit, there's a resemblance :D

Where the hell is Luna? :D

3. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

No spoilers for `The Wicker Man` im afraid, watch it! ...oh actually if you really wanna know then everyone dies and gets eaten by hordes of flesh eating zombies then theres this big offal orgy, apparantly this kinda thing happens in Texas alot too *nods*

Yep Cujo we seem to agree on alot of movies, the best of course being Requiem for a Dream and Mulholland Dr. ;)

4. Slow

Slow Guest

cool :D i love movies with hordes of flesh eating zombies

5. nailzer

nailzer Guest

The original Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. I was about 10 when I saw it and it scared the hell out of me.

6. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Return of the Living Dead and Children of the Corn no doubt frightened me the most as a kid, but no longer affect me. The Shining has always struck me as creepy/scary, but it only works if you sit there and watch it in its entirety with no breaks.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The Shining creeps me out. That guy in the bear suit, he gives me the heeby jeebies.

8. R. I. P.

R. I. P. New Member

Without a doubt, my all-time fright flicks and ones that should delight everyone here:

1. The Haunting (1963)
    2. The Innocents (1961)
    3. The Woman In Black (1989)
    4. The Exorcist (1973)
    5. The Changeling (1979)
    6. Black Christmas (1974)
    7. House Of Usher (1960)
    8. The Legend Of Hell House (1973)
    9. Psycho (1960)
    10. The Shining (1980)

9. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Going from my childhood to the present (some would argue that I am still in my childhood presently...those people are a bunch of stupid, stinky dum-dums though)....

Made Me Afraid of the Bathtub for a Few Days....and Afraid of Unfamiliar Waters for Life: Jaws

Made Me See "That Face" Everywhere: The Exorcist
    Dressed to Kill (1980)
    Sleepaway Camp

Disturbed My Sleep for at Least One Night:The Exorcist
    Sleepaway Camp

Made Me Not Able to Sleep at All for One Night: Friday the 13th: Part 3

Most Recent Films to Make Me Jump: Kill Bill:Vol. 1 (you know which scene)
    The Eye (
    the learning to write scene
    )

10. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I had trouble going to sleep after seeing Elm Street 2 on HBO in the mid 80's.

11. latenite

latenite Guest

These movies scared me when i was a kid: The Serpent and the Rainbow, the first 3 NOES's, Halloween, Maniac, Alien, Exorcist, NotLD ('68), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974).

I don't get scared too often while watching movies anymore but i have to admit watching Session 9 in the dark late at night was pretty creepy.

12. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

The films that Scared me the first time i saw them to the point of that i was looking over my shoulder for a week.

Carrie - I was afraid of mom for about a week afterwards. I could not watch the ending alone.

Exorcist - Being more a part of the whole catholic scene when i was younger it really hit home.

The Shining - The old lady in the bathtub screen always freaked me out. Actually the whole film pretty much freaked me out.

Jaws - I though Jaws was going to come into my room and eat me.

The Day After - From that day on, every plane i heard overhead that sounded a bit loud i thought was a Nuclear missle and i we were all going to die.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - After watching it, i felt abused and dirty. So i watched it again the next day.

The Evil Dead - I watched this alone at age 12 big mistake.

Blair Witch project - Only film to scare me as an adult. I actaully had to get up in the middle of the night and re-check my dorr to make sure they were locked. I guess i though the bliar witch was outside or somthing.

13. atkot

atkot Guest

The one that gave me nightmares for years as a kid was part 3 of the original Trilogy Of Terror with Karen Black and the Zuni fetish doll.
    If I would have seen Blair Witch or the Ring or anything else as a kid in the 70's, I don't think anything would have had as much as an effect on me as that movie did.

14. A few that freak me out when viewed alone in the dark...
    SESSION 9: The creepiest audio I've ever heard in a film
    AMITYVILLE HORROR: Just thinking about Jody's red eyes in the window is bugging me right now
    TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE(1974)
    THE RING: either version, even though I prefer the original

and here's a few that may cause me to get ripped on, but have recently bothered me for some reason.
    MTV'S FEAR: watched a marathon one evening a while ago, was thoroughly disturbed.
    FRIDAY THE 13TH PT 5: when i was going to bed, it was on AMC. I'd seen it before...maybe it was a bad day
    And on that note also, I fell asleep while viewing HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES and had some of the freakiest nightmares I can recall. Weird!

a few more:
    GUINEA PIG:THE DEVIL'S EXPERIMENT
    CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST
    THE UNTOLD STORY
    THE SHINING
    NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD(1969)
    HALLOWEEN

And although its off-topic, there's this one website that has webcams set up in an allegedly haunted library at a college in Indiana which is kinda freaky. I forget the exact address, but I'm sure a yahoo search could bring it up. I found it interesting and a little unnerving. Especially the captured shots. You can report if you spot the ghost. WOOHOO!!!