Your thoughts about Nekromantik (Merged)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 23, 2002.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Nekromantik

wow. i just saw this movie again after not seeing it for a couple years and it was great. fantastic music, awesome characters and more.

anyways, after seeing this, im dyin to see some more stuff from the director. can anyone recommend Schramm? or anything else that might be coming out from the director?

Last edited: May 31, 2003
  2. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

Schramm

get it !!! you'll love it !

3. DefJeff

thanks bro. ill add it in when i order Beyond the Darkness tomorrow.

4. Lindane

Lindane Guest

While I enjoyed Schramm, I thought it was his weakest film out of the ones Iv'e seen. I'd still recommend it though. I think that Nekromantik 2 is almost if not as good as the 1st one. I also really enjoyed Der Todesking. The music in his films are baddass! I will be remixing some of this material very soon now.

5. DefJeff

1) Der Todesking looks so awesome. there was a trailer for it on the Nekro disc. anyone know of a DVD release anytime in the future?

2) hook me up wiht those tunes when your done!! :D :D :D the music is great.

6. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

i bought both movies at dvd empire and i did love nekromantic..schramm is good to. the part where he hammers nails into his dick will make any male feel uneasy. anyway yeah go ahead and pick up schram also....but beware it kinda drags.

7. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Der Todesking is unsettling stuff.

I was amazed that it managed to avoid the BBFC's scissors (pardon the pun!) with only a small snip!

Recommended for fans of Buttgereit but heavy going for some! This is one film that you won't forget in a hurry.

Nekromantik remains one of my all-time favourite horror movies. Originally saw the film in '91 at a Black Sunday festival in the UK which Buttgereit attended. Unfortunately, the print he'd smuggled through customs was black and white and without subtitles! Still, it was an amazing experience and the Barrel DVD is a revelation. Recommended!

Hot Love, one of his short films, is also entertaining.

8. DefJeff

any Der Todesking dvd news?

9. Wermode

Wermode New Member

Best thing about Nekromantik for me is how different people react to it differently.

The only part I've found (pleasantly) disturbing was watching the guy mess with his collections in jars: eyeballs, etc. Love it.

The sex stuff doesn't affect me even a little, because the corpse looks so fake (shiny plastic), and the shots have that cheesy home video strobe effect throughout. Others I know really responded strongly to those shots, though; to each his own, I guess. Definitely a film everyone needs to see once, though.

10. Sinister Ash

Sinister Ash New Member

this film was probably this sickest thing I've ever seen..... it's just flat out repulsive. each to his own. I was really curious to see this film, thinking it was gonna be something like erotichorror (well probably for necrophiliacs) but I didn't find it erotic.... just repulsive.

I think anyone looking to find something to make them feel sick and dirty, this is the one.

11. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

NEKROMANTK is fun and an all-around good time. The music is really wild, and the ending is nice 'n icky.

SCHRAMM, on the other hand, is just too bleak and repulsive to be enjoyed. I loathe it.

Me thinks I might've contradicted myself somewhere in there, but oh well. :D

12. Personally I like both of these films. Nekromantik probably a little more, but I think Schramm is good as well. Both discs from Barrel are excellent and I am looking forward to Nekromantik 2. Especially for the soundtracks. On a side note, has anyone read the book about Buttgereit ("Sex, Murder, Art")? I have been meaning to pick it up, but haven't got around to it.

Blaze Rockhard

13. Ichi

Ichi Guest

Your thoughts about Nekromantik

I for shure liked it in a twisted sort of way. Just got the fantastic Barrel release in my DVD-Collection. The best part of the film was the freaky soundtrack and the sick dream sequence. But serisouly, what did you guys expect of a low-budget movie about necrophillia?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2003
  14. gorelover

gorelover Guest

@DefJeff
    Actually, there is a DVD release of 'Der Todesking' from the japanese studio Albatros: http://www.albatros-film.com/video/desking.html
    Here's a bigger pic of the front cover: http://img.store.yahoo.co.jp/I/neowing_1741_17498413
    The technical specs can be found here: http://www.sazuma.com/showdcd.php3?dcd_id=PAND-1034

I own the DVD and IMO it's a nice one, however with the following drawbacks
    - nudity is blurred (as usual in japanese releases), altogether in about 6 or 7 scenes
    - you can't disable the japanese subtitles, but they're not too large and there ain't a lot of conversation in the movie anyway
    - hard to find a retailer outside of Japan, and if you find one you could call the price ridicolous (at least from my experience)

-gl

15. Disco Stu

Disco Stu Guest

I did not understand what the deal was with Nekromantik, I thought it was boring and phony looking, and one of the few movies other than Pootie Tang that ever needed to be padded to make 70 minutes(!).

If you guys really want to see a nail through a dick, rent (or buy the Candian disc which only cost me $6.99) the amazing documentary Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan Supermasochist, one of the most powerful movies I've ever seen. It's about Flanagan who had cystic fibrosis and the best way he knew how to deal with the constant pain was to become an extreme sadomasochist so he could enjoy the pain.

The scene where he (and this is real) hammers a nail into his dick, and then pulls it out may be the most shocked and reviled I've ever been watching a movie.

Note that this movie is not exploitation, but an exploration of pain. It may be too extreme and graphic and real for some of you.

16. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Don't forget that Barrel have Der Todesking in the pipeline for a future release....

17. DefJeff

yeah, this thread of me asking was from quite awhile ago. im holding out for Barrel's eventual release.

18. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I finally broke down and ordered this the other night, so the disc should arrive sometime soon.

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yeah I ordered Nekromantik recently too. Now I'm just waiting for DVD Empire to hurry up and ship it.

20. DefJeff

haha, i think i told both of you to order it.

i hope you guys enjoy it. :nervous: