Your thoughts about Nekromantik (Merged)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Apr 23, 2002.

1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Hell, the announcement of Nekromantik was the reason I stepped over to DVD in the first place. It wasn't great, but I thought "Hell, if Nekromantik is coming out on DVD..." I figured more genre titles would be as well, I'm not sorry for it.

I still think Nekromantik is a bit overrated, the worst Buttgereit has to offer, but its worth a view or two. (coming from someone who owns the disc)

2. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

i have the "nekromantik 2" soundtrack!

3. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I haven't seen the others, but I thought Nekromantik was cool. I'd like to check out the other movies mentioned.

4. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Re: poop

you lucky bastard.....

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Nekromantik 2 comes with a disc that has both soundtracks.

6. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

put aside all the extreme gore and necrophilia.. are either of the films actually decent?

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

NEKROMANTIK 2 is supposed to pretty good, as in a well-made film. I remember some review for NEKRO 2 saying something like this: "How do you follow up one of the sickest, most disgusting films ever made? Make an art picture..."

As a side note, I'd really like to kick DVD Planet in the face right now, as I've been waiting a week and no sign of my order. Usually it takes 4 days :nervous: :fuck: .

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

ive been waiting over 2 weeks for my deepdiscountdvd order, usually takes under a week... and dont get me started about an order i placed on ebay... mid march and the guy has sent it twice now, or so he says... bloody ebay :mad: :mad:

does nekromantik 2 stand on its own? like could i watch it first and see how i like it? then go for the 1st one?

9. mcchrist

Yeah, Nekromantik 2 could easily be seen first without frustration. The story is actually pretty much standalone, there's one scene a little later that may seem a bit confusing, but it won't hurt. It won't hurt your Part 1 experience either, IMO

10. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

You hit the nail on the head! I really can't say much about any of his films other then I didn't like them. I can compare them to the guinea pig series, but those were better and that's not saying much.

11. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

Guinea pigs are a better film after you take out all the extreme gore??? omg now thats saying something! from what i can tell all the guinea pig films are is gore gore and more gore! i was shocked at the review i read of Flower of Flesh and Blood!

12. gorelover

gorelover Guest

Received my copy of the Nekromantik 2 LE on Friday and watched it yesterday. Again, Buttgereit delivers a piece of what I'd rather call movie art than horror or splatter. Gorehounds will be satisfied too however, there are some pretty nasty scenes in the movie. :D

As in part one, the score fits perfectly with the visuals and creates that 'special' atmosphere I like so much in Buttgereit's films. Regarding the actors, I'm especially impressed by Monika M. playing Monika - man is she hot! :cool:

IMHO the transfer is quite nice, no complaints here. Check out the technical details at http://www.barrel-entertainment.com/releases/nekromantik2.htm

Altogether I would highly recommend this movie, so go & get your copy now! ;)

-gl

13. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yeah i got my copy of Nekromantik 2 a couple days ago. what a fantastic package it is. I didnt check out the disc yet, but I do love the movie and the included soundtracks CD is great.

14. Trucci

Trucci Guest

Still don't know to check this one out or not. It seems there are mixed feelings on it.

And plus a sequel oh my. If anyone wants to sell theirs...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2003
  15. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

poop

i watched both when i was in high school

16. mcchrist

Actually, so did I... Thanks to Film Threat (Begotten also, back when they were worth a damn, man their revival sucked ass)

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I just got my copy tonite...can't wait to watch it. :banana: :banana: :banana:

18. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

The film is called Necromantik. How can you take out the necrophilia?

I might have to dig me up a girlfriend. :D

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I really need to order me a copy of the sequel.

There was a scene in the original that totally caught me off guard. My buddy and I ended up laughing our asses off for about ten minutes.

20. mcchrist

Just finished the Nekro 2 DVD... I think its great that a movie like this gets a balls out release (98% of hollywood pictures don't fare so well)... But still, I sort of miss the old days of buying a movie like this blind from an ad in a seedy magazine, waiting weeks to find out if they were legit or not, then stealing away to watch this in private. Like you're commiting some sort of sin.

Ahhh well, the magic is lost... No skin off my ass.