"You're all Doomed!" Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Bronx Executioner (1989)

Future Cop trying to stop a battle between cyborgs in New York's sand pit. Trashy Italian rip off with incredibly bad settings, costumes, dialogue, acting and action.

Big fave of mine :)

2. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Right now, I'd have to say Robot Holocaust, a Tim Kincaid holocaust flick from 1986. The film is totally impoverished and pretty dull. However, it was delivered to unsuspecting viewers in an absolutely awesome big box from Wizard Video, and it has Dr. Buzz (recently of Fox, CNN and Court TV) as the robot Klyton.

Robot Holocaust has a lot going for it: some of the deadly denizens of the post-holocaust world are vicious sock-puppets, there are Amazons, awful costumes, and a ferocious giant spider that is never seen(except for one leg).

We also got a great MST3K episode courtesy of this flick. AND, several plot points echo The Matrix (hmm...)

[​IMG]

3. Not to sound cliche, but my favorite is probably Escape From New York as well. How could you not love it? It's one of Carpenter's and Russell's best films. Plus, it has Isaac Hayes and Donald Pleasence.

A close second would have to be Road Warrior.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Planet of the Apes because it has a bunch of damn dirty apes.

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

As much as I worship Escape from New York, my absolute favorite in this genre is the original Planet of the Apes (1968). This thought-provoking movie was way ahead of its time and remains a classic. The makeup f/x from John Chambers are nothing short of awe-inspiring. Jerry Goldsmith's music was as innovative as it was intense. Charlton Heston was perfect as the world weary cynic Taylor. I also love the filming locations and the ending is one of the greatest in cinema history!

6. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK for sure....it's really stood the test of time for me.

7. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Escape From N.Y.

Nobody does it better than Carpenter! Snake Plissken is a cinematic icon thanks to the cojones on Kurt Russell. It's a near-flawless film, plus it's got Lee Van Cleef!

9. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Cyborg. Jean-Claude Van Damme kicking ass, trying to save humanity while being hunted by a gang of twisted freaks. Oh, and a revenge aspect as well. Love it.

10. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

12 Monkeys. But if I had to take one that completely took place in a post apocalyptic world, it'd be The Road Warrior.

11. th3480

th3480 New Member

I Am Legend

Escape from NY is way too obvious a selection...as is the Road Warrior. Now, don't get me wrong they are both AMAZING films, but I am going to have to go with the 2007 version of I Am Legend. Ok, ok...not the single greatest sci-fi film ever made, but it's my choice and I'm sticking with it. I know that Will Smith may not be the greatest actor of all time, but for the first 45 minutes, or so, of the film were simply the Fresh Prince, a dog, and some crazy zombie-vampires, and NOBODY else. Really can't get more apocalyptic than that! Heston may have been way cooler, but who couldn't identify with Big Willie when he breaks down and talks to the mannequin. The man just lost his ONLY living friend, stabbed himself in the leg...and it was his birthday. Ouch. Take that Snake Plissken!

12. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I love Escape from New York and Road Warrior, but I'm going with The Terminator. Yes yes, I understand the movie doesn't really show much of the post Apocolypse, but if there wasn't one there would be no Arnold :D

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Damn dirty pussy.:lol:

14. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

I know I'll probably get flamed for this but I like Escape from L.A. almost as much as Escape from New York. I don't think anyone has said L.A. yet, so I'll go with that.

15. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Damnation Alley for those scary as shit radioactive roaches!

16. reddye5

reddye5 Member

A Boy and His Dog hands down. Don Johnson, Jason Robards, and a talking dog in a story that revolves around a teenage vagabond roaming the post nuclear wasteland with a telekinetic dog who finds women for him. As well as a crazy underground community whos residents resemble a cross between the show hee haw and a mime academy.

Truly a Classic!

17. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I still have to stand by the original 'Mad Max'. Great characters and great dialogue, and you just have to appreciate the fact that the filmmakers made so much out of so little.

18. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I am going with the 1983 tv movie The Day After. I saw it for the first time last year on tv and I thought it was great. They don't make tv movies like they used to. Well acted and a great story line.

19. killit

killit Active Member

waterworld and beyond thunderdome, because the future ain't pretty, it's bleak real bleak

20. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

Delicatessen, Zardoz, and A Boy and his Dog are great, but Road Warrior is still my favorite.