YouTube: Man Upset Over Lucky McKee's The Woman

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Just for curiosity... because the movie sucks and it is stupid.

2. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

I saw this the other day and thought it was pretty good. Not great but good. It also seems awfully simular to another movie by the name of Jessicka Rabid. Which was made sometime before it.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

4. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Agreed completely MS.

5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Saw this yesterday, It took a few minutes to get a grasp of were the film was going but by the end I thought it was great. it's a dark film along the lines of Ketchum 's The Girl Next Door but with the some of quirkiness you've come to expect from Mckee. I thought it was well done, engaging and very original.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Contradictory, don't you think? :D

Same structure as The Girl Next Door, different location/time. Far from original.

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will probably pick this up tuesday walmart should have it for 15.00 in stores its on their website for that price and walmart has carried every bloody-disgusting selects dvd released thus far.

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Nah it did have elements of the Girl Next Door and a similar tone but I thought the story itself and where it went with it's concept was original.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

My copy from Netflix arrives tomorrow. This is the last chance I'm giving Lucky McKee. May was ok, but not great. Good enough for me to check out The Woods, which I hated, and his MoH episode was uninteresting too.

If I don't like this, I'll probably add McKee to the list of directors whose films I'll pretty much ignore.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I almost hated The Woods when I first saw it, but still kept a dub around just in case. Last week I had an urge and watched it again, this time really enjoying it. Not sure if I was looking for a different movie the first time or what, but it's one that grew on me. Certainly nothing very original, but still enjoyable.
    Do you like fucked up jack Ketchum films? If not, you probably won't like the Woman either.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Man, some of you guys are crazy. The Woman is easily McKee's best film (although since I'm not a fan of any of his other work, that's not exactly high praise). Also, I've never seen anything else Ketchum-based (I think, repeat I THINK I read Off Season way back in high school, but that's before most people here were even born), so if this is derivative of other films based on his material, I wouldn't know. I just know that I really enjoyed The Woman, and found it very disturbing.

One thing I wasn't sure of, and this is possibly 'cause my vision is messed up and have trouble with very fast editing scenes, did they actually reveal that
    the dad is the father of Peg's baby?
    It looked like there was a reveal of that in some of the quickly edited climactic action scene, and it was certainly alluded to (if not outright obvious), I just wonder if it was plainly shown.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

*SPOILERS*
    Yes. I read the book last summer, and I agree that it wasn't very clear in the movie. Also, in the book the blind child in the barn was their first child. I don't recall there being much of an explanation as to what the thing in the barn was in the movie.

I thought the movie was just okay. The role of the teacher for horribly miscast.

If you liked The Woman, I would highly recommend checking out The Girl Next Door and The Lost, both excellent adaptations.