Z Nation - (new series)

Discussion in 'General' started by baggio, Sep 15, 2014.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm telling you guys, your missing out on a really good show. The "infected guy" storyline throughout the whole show is great, I mean Walking Dead caliber great. And the infected actor's (Keith Allan) makeup is absolutely perfect imo. Never seen the guy before in anything else, so this series is my introduction to him. At first I was a little on the fence, like this guy could get annoying, but the complete opposite was the result. He's quite good. And the DJ Qualls section of last Friday's show was a nice touch.

The other thing I like about the series, is that when the first episode aired it show zombies running fast like the Dawn remake, but as the series moved on, we have slow and fast zombies. Depending on how "fresh" they are , determines how fast they move. I'm probably totally wrong in saying this , but that might be a first on screen, no? Myself, I've never seen that done before, again it's just what I've seen.

P.S. - To the fans that are watching ... it got picked up for a second season. :banana:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

As many of you may have not noticed (or cared for that matter) the second season of Z Nation started a few weeks ago.

I just watched the first episode so far, the others are DVR'ed. It picks up right where it left off, and I'm really liking it more and more with every episode. In the first entry of the second season you got some zombie lesbian and stripper action. Top that Walking Dead. :p

Seriously it's a good show. Murphy could possibly be more entertaining and interesting than any character on the Walking Dead.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think the year away really killed the momentum for me, because I haven't been able to get into the new season. Even when they recently killed off another one of the original cast, it didn't have much of an impact.

As for Murphy, did you know the actor was actually a screenwriter for the Asylum and wrote several of their TV movies, including SyFy Channel's Zombie Night and Ragin Cajun Redneck Gators?

baggio likes this.
  4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow really? I did not know that info. Very interesting, maybe that's how he got a lead role here. All I know is that he's quite good at acting. Well, at least in this series anyhow.

5. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I scored a free copy of Z Nation S3. Having seen neither S1 or S2, can I start S3 and not be too out of the loop?

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

My opinion, I would say you will be out of the loop in the show by season 3.(most recent season) Not that this show is high brow or complex, but at that season certain characters have definitely changed from what they started out to be. And the "quest" or goal of the people has majorly changed. Not to mention characters that have died. Plus in season 3, there are episodes that are sorta devoted to one character, on a side mission if you will. Some of them are kinda weird/off the wall, and this may turn you off because you're not familiar with the character. Even I was on the fence with some of those season 3 episodes. Season 3 was my least favorite season, didn't hate it but not my favorite. It would rank third imo. Hopefully season 4 gets them more focused.

I could explain a few things if you want, if you have no interest in seeing the first 2 seasons. Even then there's a lot of stuff I'm not sure I could explain(without sounding crazy), but I would try. This show isn't as straight forward as , let's say Walking Dead.

Also, was the Season 3 a Blu or DVD?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Workshed likes this.
  7. Workshed

Thanks, baggio. It's the blu-ray collection of S3.

I'll see if I can rent S1 and start there.

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

No problem. Glad to help. The show is pretty good imo, but it's definitely not Walking Dead which everyone seems to like, including myself. Z Nation is other animal, no awards given but there's action, humor, gore... and it moves at a faster pace. And how the Walking Dead has the group run into a few groups over several years. Example The Governor storyline. Z Nation's "crew" run into several more encounters. Some lasting no more than a single episode. There even a few cameo characters that are fun to see. Plus over the series, there are different kinds of zombies too. Fast, slow, others I won't spoil. There's a lot going on, so it's hard to explain. Some weird & funny stuff for sure. I'll say "cheese wheel" and leave it at that... lol. There's one character in the first season that you will probably at first hate, but as the show goes on, that opinion may change.

Also, you're in London correct? Over here in the US they did not release Blu versions of Z Nation seasons. They are only on DVD. Makes no sense, since other SYFY channels shows have been released on Blu.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  9. Workshed

Yep, in London. Odd that US does not get Blu-rays of this.

baggio likes this.